Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

2 hours ago, Hukos said:

It's not likely to happen, but there's always the chance of something like Kirk Cousins getting injuried in 2020 and the offense looks worse and Stefanski ends up taking the blame for it. That could pretty much kill any chance he has of being a head coach in the future, even if it's not his fault.

What?

21 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What?

It wasn't that complicated?

if bad things happen to the Vikings that are outside of Stefanski's control on offense, he'll get blamed for them which would ruin his future chances of becoming a head coach. Better to take the opportunity now while he has it.

20 minutes ago, Hukos said:

It wasn't that complicated?

if bad things happen to the Vikings that are outside of Stefanski's control on offense, he'll get blamed for them which would ruin his future chances of becoming a head coach. Better to take the opportunity now while he has it.

ohhhh I thought u were saying that if the Vikings bombed in 2020 it would make Stefanski look bad. I was gonna chastise you for a horrid take at first. Oops!

Odell couldn't give him money after the game, away from the cameras? That's not going to be a good if the NCAA starts to investigate whether current  "NFL" players that went to LSU  are giving money to "LSU" Athletes in the Program. 

I have Zero doubt it occurs all the time but that's Stupidity at its finest right there. 

So Apparently it was Fake Money? Ok maybe he's not as stupid as I thought and waited until the locker room!👌

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 1/13/2020 at 9:24 AM, PapaShogun said:

If I'm a Browns fan I'm excited. Would not have wanted Josh McDaniels. I know the Denver fiasco was years ago, but then the Colts saga happened. And if he really did want to come in and have full power from the jump, then I could see why the Browns jumped ship there. 

I've only heard Stefanski speak in one interview, but my first impression of him was that he had a quiet charismatic confidence (being tall, fit, and handsome only helps) Now, I don't know if that will translate to being able to be a convincing leader that 53 grown men will buy into, but at least he won't be a clapper/rah rah guy. Just doesn't seem like the type. This is just what Baker and the offense needed. 

There is never a reason to get excited about any move they make. Its all just an emotional trap to make you think its different this time.....and then its not. 

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

If it is to work, that means that Paton must have control similar to what Spielman has in Minnesota, otherwise, what's the point of leaving his current situation?  He can certainly utilize DePodesta, but he shouldn't have equal power with DePodesta.  

Joe Woods being a Wade Phillips disciple, is an intriguing hire.  The Wade scheme excels when you have a great pass rush without the need to blitz all the time, but for scheme / surprise (check), and 2 cover CB’s who can play on islands if need be so they can roll extra help elsewhere.    Ward & Greedy seem to fit there.   

The Wade scheme is always vulnerable to power run unless the DL are fantastic (Wolfe / Malik Jackson 2015), but the elements for a big jump for CLE’s D is there.