Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

.Buzz

27 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'd anticipate a) he adds at least 5-10 lbs as he gets older, and b) as he continues developing his passing, the Ravens will run him less. So far he's had one offseason to improve his throwing, and he made incredible strides. That said, runners with great elusiveness, awareness, and vision rarely get hit hard. How many times was Barry Sanders hurt? 

He really didn’t make incredible strides at throwing. The dude just took advantage of very favorable coverages because of their rushing attack and opposing defenses selling out for the run. Yesterday the Titans got out to an early lead and forced the Ravens to play from behind and made Lamar a throw first QB instead of run first and he looked pretty...avg to below avg. we saw it happen last year vs the Chargers, to the Browns and KC earlier in the year, and yesterday. Jackson still has a long, long way to go. 

you usually look at QBs. They don’t really change. Inaccurate QBs don’t magically become accurate. Schemes might cover it up but when a needle needs to be threaded in a clutch situation, they will struggle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He really didn’t make incredible strides at throwing. The dude just took advantage of very favorable coverages because of their rushing attack and opposing defenses selling out for the run. Yesterday the Titans got out to an early lead and forced the Ravens to play from behind and made Lamar a throw first QB instead of run first and he looked pretty...avg to below avg. we saw it happen last year vs the Chargers, to the Browns and KC earlier in the year, and yesterday. Jackson still has a long, long way to go. 

you usually look at QBs. They don’t really change. Inaccurate QBs don’t magically become accurate. Schemes might cover it up but when a needle needs to be threaded in a clutch situation, they will struggle. 

He clearly overhauled his mechanics in the offseason. Worked with a QB coach. His throws were objectively better, more velocity, tighter spiral, etc. A lot had to do with how he was gripping the ball and keeping a wide base (his throwing stance). 

And the fact I have to side with a Ravens fan is nauseating, but fellow Browns fans, let’s pump the brakes on the Lamar Jackson trash talk.

Maybe he’s done by the time he’s 30, but he’s about to win a damned MVP and led his team to the playoffs in consecutive years.

I was really hoping the slice of humble pie we got this season would be enough to cool the trash talk....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

@AngusMcFife Not being a moderator in the browns section, i don’t have any authority here, but I will say, calm it down. No need for that type of attitude anywhere on this forum. 

Folks can call Lamar a choker, a glorified RB, a gimmick player, I'm fine with it. Calling him dumb, I just don't see what the rationale is. He's really a football savant, his football IQ at age 22 is off the charts. 

Sports talk radio callers were the best today 😂. Heard several “I can’t believe the baseball guy talked the Haslams into this hire”. Several I can’t believe they hired this guy, did you see his game last night?  General people hate it because our stupid media conditioned them to do so. Glorifying the golden boy McDaniels and any other hire is just failure. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Anyway read that article I posted, it’s not just his offense that got him the job. He’s got the mentality, super intelligence and work ethic to get it done. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

@Mind Character you can freak out about this one.

If the intent and purpose of @AngusMcFife comment was the sh*tty way it can be perceived, then someone saying something to push back against that type of knuckle-dragging idiocy isn't a person freaking out and I shouldn't be (and don't think I would be) the only one on saying something or pushing back on that time of foolishness.

I just read that post right now and I perceived it as him questioning the subtext/intent/motive behind @Aztec Hammer 's post about the wonderlic and not necessarily that he actually ascribes to such 'friend of whitehooded-derp' beliefs. If that's the case, then I'm all good with it.

If I'm right, then @AngusMcFife just hold that L man and don't try to punch down for happiness. There is no peace or relief from that trash yall put on the field yesterday. Wallow in it. Marlon Humphrey said it best, yall are all choke-artists. We'll see you next year with a healthy OBJ and Landry for the Dub.

If I'm wrong in my perception of that response to the "wonderlic post," then truly get the f*ck outta here.

Edited by Mind Character

I wonder what made us not hire McDaniels...

was it his past, or was it that we didn't want to make major organizational decisions?

I doubt we'll ever know, but the idea that it came down to Stefanski, Saleh, and Daboll is an interesting one.

I thought it was going to be Daboll.

Edited by Mind Character