Stefanski’s staff

pnies20

@NateDawg I should have posted this with the rest of the roasts during the UW/Minnesota thread, but I had originally written some for the Minny fans before realizing that would not have been a good idea. I won't say who this one was directed at, and I don't remember exactly how it went, but the punchline was something like "I pity the team of police offers who have to work round the clock shifts to get through your suicide note".

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@NateDawg I should have posted this with the rest of the roasts during the UW/Minnesota thread, but I had originally written some for the Minny fans before realizing that would not have been a good idea. I won't say who this one was directed at, and I don't remember exactly how it went, but the punchline was something like "I pity the team of police offers who have to work round the clock shifts to get through your suicide note".

Lol love it. 

Half of me loved the madness and the other half is eternally grateful UW smashed them to end the insanity.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Who was the goober who asked Stefanski that nonsensical question about diversity? Man the media is annoying. 😂

There were two other dumb, dumb questions. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but I remember thinking at the time, "ugh, I hate our beat".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@buno67 @big poppa pump 

Re: our previous discussion 

Clarification: He said he doesn't HAVE to have that meeting, like it was not specified during the interviews as something he HAS to do. After hearing his speech and continuing to look into his background, I have no doubt that at some point during the week they will ask the analytics team to contribute insights to the game plan.

42 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Who was the goober who asked Stefanski that nonsensical question about diversity? Man the media is annoying. 😂

12 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

There were two other dumb, dumb questions too. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but I remember thinking at the time, "ugh, I hate our beat".

Diversity of experience and perspective is very meaningful as is the thoughts and beliefs of past and present players within the organization.

Often times those perspectives come from people with different backgrounds, from different socioeconomic classes, and ethnicities than what's customarily employed in NFL coach. That's even more important when the vast majority of players come from different cultural and ethnic minority populations relative to what's normally

It was a great question because it speaks to what's on the minds of players and respected people that have played the game.

Stefanski not being flustered or dismissing that question out of hand as if it's irrelevant speaks to his maturity, insight, and depth of understand but even more so speaks to his ability to address diverse perspectives, concerns, and thoughts that many of his African American players/alumni (i.e., the majority of the team/organization) have.

Now, I'd agree that the lines of questioning about diversity in press conferences are usually based in tokenism, but the question and Stefanksi's answer are one's that the players do/will appreciate, especially if it's indicative of his interaction and communication style.

It demonstrates at a minimum that he's given thought to various perspectives of the majority of people that play the game. It's was not irrelevant at all. It was an opportunity to at least speak to a real issue on the minds of past and present player's in the NFL, and Stefanksi at least speaking to how he could effect change was a sign of leadership that already players, media and people watching from a different ethnic/cultural background than his have given him credit for.

Edited by Mind Character

20 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Clarification: He said he doesn't HAVE to have that meeting, like it was not specified during the interviews as something he HAS to do. After hearing his speech and continuing to look into his background, I have no doubt that at some point during the week they will ask the analytics team to contribute insights to the game plan.

The issue some had was the reported timing of it being on Friday.

I have no doubt we will use the hell out of analytics.

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The issue some had was the reported timing of it being on Friday.

I have no doubt we will use the hell out of analytics.

Yep that’s the point of clarification. 

Btw Haslam did say he’d meet with Stefanski on Monday’s. But he’s done that with all the previous coaches. I actually don’t have a problem with it. 

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep that’s the point of clarification. 

Btw Haslam did say he’d meet with Stefanski on Monday’s. But he’s done that with all the previous coaches. I actually don’t have a problem with it. 

His team, his money, etc., but I refuse to believe it’s anything more than an epic waste of a coach’s time mid-season.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

It demonstrates at a minimum that he's given thought to various perspectives of the majority of people that play the game. It's was not irrelevant at all. It was an opportunity to at least speak to a real issue on the minds of past and present player's in the NFL, and Stefanksi at least speaking to how he could effect change was a sign of leadership that already players, media and people watching from a different ethnic/cultural background than his have given him credit for.

That's true, and there were much worse questions asked.

My issue is the "gotcha" nature of the question. Like, you either give the "right" answer or you are in trouble. I don't think the question gets asked out of a sincere desire for dialogue, but rather to make sure somebody has the right opinion. And I guess I just don't like that as a category of questioning.

Like, I'm a pastor, and all the churches in our area send representatives a couple times a year to get work done together. One of the things we do is approve new pastors. And there is this one older guy who always asks the same question. But it's not a question. It's a chance for him to ride a hobby horse and put the answering guy/girl in a bind if they won't answer how he wants. It drives me crazy and I've started actively telling candidates ahead of time to not feel pressured by it. I think I took issue with the question because of the parallels I felt there. And for sure, kudos to Stefanski for having a great answer. But I think there is a way to ask that question as a question and not an accusation/attempt to "gotcha", and I didn't feel like that was done.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His team, his money, etc., but I refuse to believe it’s anything more than an epic waste of a coach’s time mid-season.

I don’t have an issue with it because owners of multi millionaire businesses have weekly meetings with their lead guys all the time. In fact I don’t know one that doesn’t. He said half hour to an hour a week. If it’s a “do you have any concerns?”, “everyone on the same page”, “is there anything we can do to help?” Blah blah blah I don’t see anything wrong with it. 

• Like 1