NFC Championship: GB@SF

Manny/Patrick

Who will win?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

5 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

I feel like an upset is coming. Breen Bay wins it.

It will definitely be close. All these blowout predictions should absolutely worry Niner fans. You will also have the public heavy on the Niners. I won’t bet on this one, but this isn’t going to be a blowout. I’ll take that one to the house. 

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It will definitely be close. All these blowout predictions should absolutely worry Niner fans. You will also have the public heavy on the Niners. I won’t bet on this one, but this isn’t going to be a blowout. I’ll take that one to the house. 

BTW Raider, I should have included that I am pulling a bit for JimmyG as I am a Pats fan. But I think that veteran savvy Rodgers will outdo him, keep him in his place.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why? It's not like they actually affect the game. I joked around about it earlier, but it doesn't really change anything unless the team for some reason thinks that they don't have to play their hardest or something, which I will guarantee will not be the case. Sherman is fired up and on the warpath lol. He wouldn't let this team take them lightly. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Why? It's not like they actually affect the game. I joked around about it earlier, but it doesn't really change anything unless the team for some reason thinks that they don't have to play their hardest or something, which I will guarantee will not be the case. Sherman is fired up and on the warpath lol. He wouldn't let this team take them lightly. 

Fan predictions won’t effect the game but if the public is heavily betting one side, that has a historic failure rate in sports history with Vegas winning. 

However, this could also be a Vegas trap. I expected a -4 line for the Niners. Perhaps Vegas wants everyone to bet Packers +7 and Niners do win by 8-9 points. 

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Fan predictions won’t effect the game but if the public is heavily betting one side, that has a historic failure rate in sports history with Vegas winning. 

However, this could also be a Vegas trap. I expected a -4 line for the Niners. Perhaps Vegas wants everyone to bet Packers +7 and Niners do win by 8-9 points. 

But again, that line has absolutely no bearing on the game, so I don't know why we would be concerned as fans. And the  results of a betting line do not equal the results of a game. The betting public could be hugely on the 49ers at -7, and the 49ers win by 6. Vegas cleans up but the 49ers win. 

Also, I'm not sure why you expected 4. That's odd. It's almost a lock for 3 points just being at home and the 49ers blew them out less than 2 months ago.  Vegas wants the money to be even. Make it 4, and everyone is on the 49ers, leaving them exposed to 1 side. Could be good, could be bad, but that's not Vegas' game. 

4 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I believe the key to the game is Garopolo....If we can cause him to make turnovers, that will certainly help in our favor.....This and ARod needs to get rid of the ball quickly.....Any indecisiveness will certainly work to the niner's advantage....

He plays much better after a turnover😂🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

just so you'll know, both home favorites are giving 7.5

If the Packers put up an admirable performance I'll be happy. Obviously the reg. season game went poorly, but who knows, maybe we get lucky. 

Given that coming into the season no one knew much what to expect, making the NFC Championship is a hilarious blessing. 

If we lose though, I'm all on that Chiefs bandwagon. 

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation