NFC Championship: GB@SF

Manny/Patrick

Who will win?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

3 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Heard a stat this morning that Rodgers completed every pass he threw over ten yards against Seattle, he's not having that kind of success against San Fran. GB's offense struggles getting to the mid-20s, they're playing a defense that was on fire last time out, and they're gonna need ~30 at least.

On a somewhat related note, it's a stark contrast to the composition of those two teams.  Look at how much the 49ers have invested in their front 7.  And compare that to the Seahawks.  But I prefer the Seahawks' secondary to the 49ers.

39 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

On a somewhat related note, it's a stark contrast to the composition of those two teams.  Look at how much the 49ers have invested in their front 7.  And compare that to the Seahawks.  But I prefer the Seahawks' secondary to the 49ers.

Over an elite Richard Sherman, K Williama arguably the beat slot CB in the game, upcoming E Mosely and two studs in Jimmie Ward and Tartt. GTFOH!

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 7:38 PM, showtime said:

He's new to the postseason as a starting QB.  It's not craziness to see if a starting QB with limited experience can play well in the postseason.

The incessant need to see a guy "prove it" from arbitrary people who have never done it themselves is nauseating. s I have stated before the entire second half of the season was filled with close games that came against playoff teams and had "playoff type atmospheres" (whatever that means). He had to throw in the NO games and did it, he had to lead the team on a clutch drive against Seattle in the first game to force OT and did it, he has shown the ability to perform in pressure situations........move on.

56 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Flowers alone makes that Seahawks secondary dreadful. 

I'm going to take the Niners in this game because they're the better team and the match-up favors them.  However, I'm excited for this one.  Aaron Rodgers and those boys aren't going out without swinging.  I think they'll make adjustments and this will be a close one.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 7:47 PM, showtime said:

The Niners aren't that good of a team, though.  They were literally fighting for the division title against the Seahawks in week 17 in a game where the refs missed a blatant defensive PI at the end of the game that should have put the ball on the one yard line.  I'm not blaming the refs, I'm just saying - they were super close to being in the wild card round this year.

They're the best team in the NFC, but they're not a team that just ran over the entire league all-season. 

They literally did run all over the entire league. They won every type of game they could. When they lost major pieces to their defense and their bookend tackles on offense they still managed to win games. They are the very definition of a great team. The defense was on pace to shatter passing records before they lost a stud at all three levels. You are incredibly blind. Put away the tiny violin. You really think that if this team was in the Wild Card that they still wouldn't be in tis situation? Give me a break.

5 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

They literally did run all over the entire league. They won every type of game they could. When they lost major pieces to their defense and their bookend tackles on offense they still managed to win games. They are the very definition of a great team. The defense was on pace to shatter passing records before they lost a stud at all three levels. You are incredibly blind. Put away the tiny violin. You really think that if this team was in the Wild Card that they still wouldn't be in tis situation? Give me a break.

They played some of the best teams in the league during the regular season.  They beat Seattle in a tight game and blew out Green Bay.  They also beat New Orleans by two points.  They lost to Seattle at home and then lost to the Ravens.  They clinched home field advantage on the last game of the season that essentially came down to the last play of the game.

I wouldn't call that running over the league.  I get they had injuries, but so did tons of other teams.

• Like 1

Niners as the 5 seed would be in the NFC Championship still. My prediction before Week 17 was 5. Niners at  2. Saints in the Conf Title game. 

Obviously the Niners are much better than Seattle but a 16 game season is ridiculously short and Seattle won a bunch of close games (Wilson is utterly amazing). So because of little games, Seattle almost won the division when the Niners are a much better team. Seattles point differential is not very good. 

If we translate to Baseballs Games, IMO Niners are something like 101-61 and the Seahawks are 89-73. 

Edited by BayRaider

34 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Over an elite Richard Sherman, K Williama arguably the beat slot CB in the game, upcoming E Mosely and two studs in Jimmie Ward and Tartt. GTFOH!

Richard Sherman is elite. Nothing about Ward (who is enjoying his best year) or Tartt says "stud." Williams is a good slot guy and Mosley is OK. What you have is a mediocre secondary that looks great because of an absolutely elite pass rush.

That said Seattle's secondary sucks, but I wouldn't say there is anything special about the Niners secondary. I would take our group over it any day. 

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Richard Sherman is elite. Nothing about Ward (who is enjoying his best year) or Tartt says "stud." Williams is a good slot guy and Mosley is OK. What you have is a mediocre secondary that looks great because of an absolutely elite pass rush.

That said Seattle's secondary sucks, but I wouldn't say there is anything special about the Niners secondary. I would take our group over it any day. 

I agree for the most part.  I wouldn't call the Niners secondary mediocre.  They're a good unit by themselves, but they are bolstered a good amount by their insane front seven.  They're not a truly elite secondary, though.  Some of those older Patriots teams with Ty Law, Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison, Lawyer Milloy, etc were really good.  Seattle's secondary years ago - Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor and Browner.  Those are what I would call elite units.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

I agree for the most part.  I wouldn't call the Niners secondary mediocre.  They're a good unit by themselves, but they are bolstered a good amount by their insane front seven.  They're not a truly elite secondary, though.  Some of those older Patriots teams with Ty Law, Asante Samuel, Rodney Harrison, Lawyer Milloy, etc were really good.  Seattle's secondary years ago - Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor and Browner.  Those are what I would call elite units.

This is where I stand