NFC Championship: GB@SF

Manny/Patrick

Who will win?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't think that we would match up particularly poorly against either. They both would present problems, but I Don't think its super negative either way. 

No, but it's not a lopsided matchup to 1 team, either.   This GB-SF match is horribly lopsided.   Other than JimmyG vs. pass rush, and maybe GB's ability to run the ball (but again, MIN had a very similar setup IMO, and failed miserably), everything points to SF.

I rarely say this, but I would be shocked if it wasn't SF as the NFC winner.    There's a path, but it's even narrower than HOU's path (which required Chris Jones as a late scratch, Will Fuller back, and then  2 crazy 1Q TD's to give them a clear path, only for reality & BOB to give back).  

Edited by Broncofan

Just now, Broncofan said:

No, but it's not the lopsided matchup, either.   This GB-SF match is horribly lopsided.   Other than JimmyG vs. pass rush, and maybe GB's ability to run the ball (but again, MIN had a very similar setup IMO, and failed miserably), everything points to SF.  

I'm starting to not like the narrative flow of next week as a niner fan, tbh lol

Just now, Forge said:

I'm starting to not like the narrative flow of next week as a niner fan, tbh lol

Well, you should, because nothing would justify / console a fan base in your situation if SF loses.    The combo of events that would have to happen would be 10th-percentile outcome for sure.  It doesn't mean it can't happen, but man...

The packers have to keep Rodgers clean. They can't have a repeat of the last matchup. You give up 5 sacks + 10 additional quarterback hits, you're putting your quarterback in a serious bind. Protect Rodgers, maybe get Jones going on the ground a little this time, and this is a different game. A turnover from Jimmy makes it all the more interesting. 

28 minutes ago, Forge said:

The packers have to keep Rodgers clean. They can't have a repeat of the last matchup. You give up 5 sacks + 10 additional quarterback hits, you're putting your quarterback in a serious bind. Protect Rodgers, maybe get Jones going on the ground a little this time, and this is a different game. A turnover from Jimmy makes it all the more interesting. 

Y'all can't stop Danny Devito and that's all that matters

• Like 3

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Some good news: San Fran hasn't seen a game-plan from GB yet this season live. Because our's went to the crapper about 5min in last game.

The minute you guys lost Bulaga, it was done for. The interior couldn't contain DJ Jones / Buck / AA (Jones in particular had some really nice moments), and Bosa was having a field day with whomever your back up right tackle was (sorry, can't remember his name). Rodgers just never had a chance and was under siege all game. I don't know that you can use any sort of game plan for that. 

But some bad news: We didn't have Dee Ford, Joe Staley, or Kwon Alexander in that game either. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

The minute you guys lost Bulaga, it was done for. The interior couldn't contain DJ Jones / Buck / AA (Jones in particular had some really nice moments), and Bosa was having a field day with whomever your back up right tackle was (sorry, can't remember his name). Rodgers just never had a chance and was under siege all game. I don't know that you can use any sort of game plan for that. 

But some bad news: We didn't have Dee Ford, Joe Staley, or Kwon Alexander in that game either. 

Yeah well we didn't have Jared Veldheer and Tyler Ervin!

lol

I don't think any of us are 'logically' excited for this matchup. We're just happy to be here