GDT NFC CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP: Packers @ San Francisco 49ers

squire12

2 hours ago, YaddaHolla said:

Lol Shanny is playing chess while MLF is playing candy land with his thumb in his mouth and a loaded diaper.

Nonsense.  Shanahan has more time invested in his team and has a better roster at this point.

As much as the media criticized the hiring of John Lynch as the 49ers GM, he has put together a very good team.

11 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Nonsense.  Shanahan has more time invested in his team and has a better roster at this point.

As much as the media criticized the hiring of John Lynch as the 49ers GM, he has put together a very good team.

He’s still a better coach than MLF will ever be. 

4 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

Yeah this play really rubbed me the wrong way.  Redmond clearly holds, but Kittle forcibly initiates the contact five yards down field.  This is almost certainly a planned penalty that takes advantage of how seldom OPI is called if the balls not in the air.  There is no way for Redmond to defend this play, because once Kittle initiates contact if you don't hold you're going backward away from the out.

Agree that it was planned - Step #1:  Shanny made absolutely sure the ref knew what to look for.  Step #2:  Kittle runs straight at Redmond and engages him, then cuts out, and adds a little "extra" theatrics to appear as if he's being held.  A well-rehearsed stunt I'm sure, and without Step #1, it's quite possible the ref doesn't even see a foul, much less flag it.  He primed the refs mind, and the ref never looked away.  Genius, and terrible.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Agree that it was planned - Step #1:  Shanny made absolutely sure the ref knew what to look for.  Step #2:  Kittle runs straight at Redmond and engages him, then cuts out, and adds a little "extra" theatrics to appear as if he's being held.  A well-rehearsed stunt I'm sure, and without Step #1, it's quite possible the ref doesn't even see a foul, much less flag it.  He primed the refs mind, and the ref never looked away.  Genius, and terrible.

It was bull**** .. if the Packers can submit it to the league for review they should.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

It was bull**** .. if the Packers can submit it to the league for review they should.  

If I were Shanny and that ref, I'd be at least a little bit concerned.  I'm sure neither is happy this incident was tweeted all across the twitterverse.  They both look bad, IMO.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

If I were Shanny and that ref, I'd be at least a little bit concerned.  I'm sure neither is happy this incident was tweeted all across the twitterverse.  They both look bad, IMO.

You know the Niners ran that play over and over in practice and watched their own DB's grab after being knocked off point by the TE.  Ref should have said .. I'll show you, and flagged Niners for OPI for the TE initiating contact.

• Like 1

You guys are starting to sound like Lions fans on the DPI play.

Redmond was overmatched.  It is also not why we lost.

It was a good ride, but the 49ers were clearly the better team this year.  The odds were strongly in favor of this being a hog slaying going in, and no one should be surprised that it was.

Time for Gute to get busy and do what he did last off season by making moves we don't understand, that work out brilliantly.  Just keep working and getting better.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mediumlebowski said:

Typical puker fans. Crying about a penalty because EVERYTHING is ALWAYS supposed to go their way. The score was 27-0 and after that was garbage time. San Francisco ran the ball down your throats and there's no sugar-coating that. You got your ***** kicked. End of story.

Ha, go away. This forum micro analyzes everything throughout a game. This call happened to happen in a game so it's being talked about. Go back to the Vikings forum where you think the Packers have the refs in our pocket and the Vikings get shafted every game.

• Like 1