Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

All the top OTs are going to be off the board at 9 IMO.  Sauce seems like a logical fit at 3, but I think Travon Walker is going to be someone they look hard at as well.  Probably down to those two for the Texans.

I think it depends on the QB situation.  Carolina will take OL if they don't take Pickett, and that would change things, but I could definitely see Cross making it to 9 and if so Seattle could definitely go that route.  There's also a scenario where Travon/Hutch/Thibs go 1-2-4 (with Sauce at 3), then even if the Giants and Panthers go OL at 5-6, Cross should get to 9 even with no QBs taken.  There's even a scenario where the QBs go 6 (Pickett) and 8 (Willis) and either Neal or Ekwonu would then shock-fall to Seattle as well.  For me though, none of that really changes my thoughts of Sauce at 3, Stingley at 7, and the Vikings in a tough spot at 12. 

3 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

I think it depends on the QB situation.  Carolina will take OL if they don't take Pickett, and that would change things, but I could definitely see Cross making it to 9 and if so Seattle could definitely go that route.  There's also a scenario where Travon/Hutch/Thibs go 1-2-4 (with Sauce at 3), then even if the Giants and Panthers go OL at 5-6, Cross should get to 9 even with no QBs taken.  There's even a scenario where the QBs go 6 (Pickett) and 8 (Willis) and either Neal or Ekwonu would then shock-fall to Seattle as well.  For me though, none of that really changes my thoughts of Sauce at 3, Stingley at 7, and the Vikings in a tough spot at 12. 

I don't think Cross gets past 7 unless Sauce is off the board and one of the top 2 OTs are available at 5.  Otherwise, I think the Giants likely pair Sauce at 5 with Cross at 7.

Top 10 mock depending on what Jacksonville does.

1.) JAX - Aidan Hutchinson
2.) DET - Kayvon Thibodeaux
3.) HOU - Kayvon Walker
4.) NYJ - Ikem Okwonu
5.) NYG - Sauce Garnder
6.) CAR - Evan Neal
7.) NYG - Charles Cross
8.) ATL - Malik Willis
9.) SEA - Derek Stingley
10.) NYJ - Drake London

OR

1.) JAX - Travon Walker
2.) DET - Aidan Hutchinson
3.) HOU - Sauce Gardner
4.) NYJ - Kavon Thibodeaux
5.) NYG - Ikem Okwonu
6.) CAR - Evan Neal
7.) NYG - Derek Stingley
8.) ATL - Malik Willis
9.) SEA - Charles Cross
10.) NYJ - Drake London

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Top 10 mock depending on what Jacksonville does.

1.) JAX - Aidan Hutchinson
2.) DET - Kayvon Thibodeaux
3.) HOU - Kayvon Walker
4.) NYJ - Ikem Okwonu
5.) NYG - Sauce Garnder
6.) CAR - Evan Neal
7.) NYG - Charles Cross
8.) ATL - Malik Willis
9.) SEA - Derek Stingley
10.) NYJ - Drake London

OR

1.) JAX - Travon Walker
2.) DET - Aidan Hutchinson
3.) HOU - Sauce Gardner
4.) NYJ - Kavon Thibodeaux
5.) NYG - Ikem Okwonu
6.) CAR - Evan Neal
7.) NYG - Derek Stingley
8.) ATL - Malik Willis
9.) SEA - Charles Cross
10.) NYJ - Drake London

Your option 2 matches mine almost exactly. I just flipped 5 and 6. I will go WR at 10 too, just not sure which yet. London's pro day today is big for him.

1 minute ago, eh3034 said:

Your option 2 matches mine almost exactly. I just flipped 5 and 6. I will go WR at 10 too, just not sure which yet. London's pro day today is big for him.

Him not testing pretty much killed his chance of going top 10 IMO.  That's Garrett Wilson's spot now.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Multiple reporters have said he isn't doing any athletic testing.

Damn, yeah if true that'll hurt the draft stock.  I thought the whole point of pushing it back from the 5th to today was so that he could do athletic testing.

33 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

Damn, yeah if true that'll hurt the draft stock.  I thought the whole point of pushing it back from the 5th to today was so that he could do athletic testing.

My best guess is that he wasn't getting the times he wanted to see in training, but also didn't want to push back the workout yet again.  Either way, it's a red flag.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, eh3034 said:

11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

My best guess is that he wasn't getting the times he wanted to see in training, but also didn't want to push back the workout yet again.  Either way, it's a red flag.

He did drill work and looked smooth.

I dont think today hurts his stock at all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Forge said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/04/15/game-plan-mock-first-12-picks-league-rumors

"Well, I can tell you that no one I’ve talked to at this point believes that Oregon’s Kayvon Thibodeaux is in any way a culture fit for Detroit coach Dan Campbell. “His personality is a lot,” said one exec, “and you hear the head coach there isn’t a fan.”

Love it.