Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, Jumpinjoe said:

Wyatt had repeated domestic violence incidents. 

From what I could find, it was three misdemeanor charges for one incident of family violence, not domestic. All charges were dropped. Darn near every story I could find all cited the exact same quotes with almost word for word articles.

To add more clarify, here's what the police said:

...According to the UGA Police Department, officers responded to a 911 call at 3:12 p.m. Friday at McWhorter Hall after a report of a male and female fighting. When the officers arrived, individuals matching the description of those fighting were walking out of the building. The report states that Wyatt was identified as one of the parties involved and he was later stopped walking through the lobby of the building.

According to the reporting officer, it was learned there was a verbal altercation between the parties. Wyatt allegedly kicked the female’s door “multiple times from the hallway, damaging the door and forcing it open.”

The report also states that Wyatt lived with the female, on and off, which led to the incident being classified as a “family violence” incident.

Both Wyatt and the female were released “pending the completion of any follow-up investigation,” and “neither party indicated they were in fear for their safety.”...

Source article

I don't think that alone is enough to drop him completely off my board. But I'd definitely be interviewing him and doing due diligence.

@Chiefer tagging you since you asked

Edited by kingseanjohn
i don't know why there's a big gap in the quote and i can't remove it...

9 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

From what I could find, it was three misdemeanor charges for one incident of family violence, not domestic. All charges were dropped. Darn near every story I could find all cited the exact same quotes with almost word for word articles.

I don't think that alone is enough to drop him completely off my board. But I'd definitely be interviewing him and doing due diligence.

@Chiefer tagging you since you asked

That is not enough to kill his stock, cuz lateral agility at his size, but the answers to the questions could kill it.

For example, "I got mad. It happens. We are both fine. It was just made a bigger deal that it actually was," would not be a great answer even if true.

Wyatt available in a later round would rocket me to the podium.

23 minutes ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

The precedent is kind of there with the Jeffery Simmons situation. He was probably a top 10 pick, and was drafted #19 still. I think this kind of stuff might have a couple teams pass on him, but if he's a top 20 talent on boards I expect him to go in the 25-40 range still. 

Simmons tore his ACL though?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Simmons tore his ACL though?

Yeah, Simmons tore his ACL before the draft and was on video assaulting a woman.

With Wyatt, while he isn't the level of prospect as Simmons, the situation seems a lot more ambiguous in terms 9f what actually happened.

On 4/15/2022 at 8:51 AM, CWood21 said:

I've got Sauce going 5 to the NY Giants.  Think he could go to Houston at 3 or NY Jets at 4, but I'd probably peg them as significantly more likely.  Seattle would jump at the opportunity to draft Sauce IMO.

I've had the Giants as Sauce's absolute floor ever since they brought in Martindale as their DC.  The scheme-fit coupled with it being a premium position and where James Bradberry is at in his contract, it all just makes too much sense. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Techbert said:

That is not enough to kill his stock, cuz lateral agility at his size, but the answers to the questions could kill it.

For example, "I got mad. It happens. We are both fine. It was just made a bigger deal that it actually was," would not be a great answer even if true.

Wyatt available in a later round would rocket me to the podium.

It's not going to kill his stock, but I won't be surprised if it does serve to give a bit of a synthetic boost to Travis Jones'.  

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, Simmons tore his ACL before the draft and was on video assaulting a woman.

With Wyatt, while he isn't the level of prospect as Simmons, the situation seems a lot more ambiguous in terms 9f what actually happened.

Oh that HS incident with his family when he was underrage? Yeah i could see teams not caring about that, epecially since it was a one time affair.

Cops getting called mutliple times over domestic GF problems is a little more concerning

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

Oh that HS incident with his family when he was underrage? Yeah i could see teams not caring about that, epecially since it was a one time affair.

Cops getting called mutliple times over domestic GF problems is a little more concerning

I thought he was 18, but yeah, that one.  The Miss St. coaches also raved about him and he was up front about the incident and had no further issues.

The Wyatt one is enough to give an edge to another player over him.