Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Reallyyyy hoping the Raiders swing for the fences and trade up to #1 for either Young or Stroud.

Who's going to block for them? We need those picks. Have to disagree. Too many holes on this team and a QB who can't get protected solves one problem while giving up a lot of capital to get him which could be used to fill the others holes of which there are many

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Who's going to block for them? We need those picks. Have to disagree. Too many holes on this team and a QB who can't get protected solves one problem while giving up a lot of capital to get him which could be used to fill the others holes of which there are many

This is the incorrect mindset. Raider fans always wanting to have a perfect roster in place which is never going to happen. Getting your franchise QB as soon as you can, even if you have to give up draft capital, is the correct move. With the right QB, you are a playoff team EVERY year regardless of roster. This is a QB league. QB should be our highest priority. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You want to draft an OL at #6? Or build up the D to an average level for one year of Brady then we're left with a huge who at QB again?

I think the days of needing a perfect situation for a young QB are gone. Rather attack QB in the draft and get an elite than settle for a meh QB for another decade.

QB >>>> all. When will we be in this position again? You either have to be the worst team and get #1 or get super lucky and have one fall to you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

You want to draft an OL at #6? Or build up the D to an average level for one year of Brady then we're left with a huge who at QB again?

I think the days of needing a perfect situation for a young QB are gone. Rather attack QB in the draft and get an elite than settle for a meh QB for another decade.

QB >>>> all. When will we be in this position again? You either have to be the worst team and get #1 or get super lucky and have one fall to you.

I don't want OL at 6, no. Ideally we could move down a few and grab Skoronski or Johnson Jr or stay put and work on getting someone to help Maxx. 

If we had a team that was a QB away from making us contenders, I'd agree with you but we're far from that. 

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think the days of needing a perfect situation for a young QB are gone.

A lot of old school folks don’t seem to understand this. Especially if you have a QB that can extend plays. Hell Watson and Wilson had the 31 and 32 Oline their entire career basically from 2015 and onwards. 

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I don't want OL at 6, no. Ideally we could move down a few and grab Skoronski or Johnson Jr or stay put and work on getting someone to help Maxx. 

If we had a team that was a QB away from making us contenders, I'd agree with you but we're far from that. 

We are picking HIGH. You have no idea if we will be in this range to pick a QB again. If there is a QB you like, you pick him, and perhaps even trade up. It’s a no brainer. 

5 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Normally I'd agree but when you barely have any starters on the OL, you're not ready anyway and why potentially ruin their psyche or even worse?

Look at Cinci 

their o line was the worst

You can eventually draft or sign good lineman and better FAs want to play with franchise QBs. You get your QB first if you can get one then you can always figure things out later. 

You can find guys later in the draft, you can trade down with future draft picks, you can overpay in free agency. 

Plenty of ways to get O line help. It’s damn near impossible to find a franchise QB. If you can get one you get on at all cost. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Look at Cinci 

You can eventually draft or sign good lineman and better FAs want to play with franchise QBs. You get your QB first if you can get one then you can always figure things out later. 

You can find guys later in the draft, you can trade down with future draft picks, you can overpay in free agency. 

Plenty of ways to get O line help. It’s damn near impossible to find a franchise QB. If you can get one you get on at all cost. 

And they almost got Burrow killed lol

I don't hate your logic and majority of the time, I'm on board. This Raiders team just has way too many issues though especially if they let Jacobs walk as well. Next year's QB class looks very good as well also. That is also weighing on my thoughts. If it was like last year's, I'd have a different thought process lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Look at Cinci 

I agree completely. 

You can get a decent enough OL through FA/middle rounds. But like you said a franchise QB is extremely rare and difficult to find. If you're in the position to get one you go all in.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Look at Cinci 

Agreed. QB is always first, if you are in range, you take advantage of it. 

• Like 1