Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

Bryce Young at the combine 

Over or Under 195 pounds?

I'm going to take the under. I think its going to be 193 point something. I just think he's and under 195 weight player as of his current age. 

I do think he'll be able to add weight later, but first year or two hes gonna be under 200 most weeks. 

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I'm going to take the under. I think its going to be 193 point something. I just think he's and under 195 weight player as of his current age. 

I do think he'll be able to add weight later, but first year or two hes gonna be under 200 most weeks. 

I’ll go over 200 and he won’t do any drills at all 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

The internet just lists him at 6'0" and 194 so I am taking the under. 

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

I’ll go over 200 and he won’t do any drills at all 

I'll split the baby and say under and won't do any drills.

• Like 1

What's up draft nerds, new member here.

I used to run a mock draft on the previous forum I posted on, anyone up for such an endeavour ??

Clift notes version, you get a team, we start a week after free agency, freeze the NFL rosters as they sit, then head off into our fantasy world.  We will have a couple day trading period, and then make every selection of the draft.

Here is a link to our spreadsheet from last year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RDrpFfKDHQxanDk2P_dY8YpVE7gDF_MRO2PjLkEEdM4/edit?usp=sharing

45 minutes ago, downundermike1 said:

What's up draft nerds, new member here.

I used to run a mock draft on the previous forum I posted on, anyone up for such an endeavour ??

Clift notes version, you get a team, we start a week after free agency, freeze the NFL rosters as they sit, then head off into our fantasy world.  We will have a couple day trading period, and then make every selection of the draft.

Here is a link to our spreadsheet from last year.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RDrpFfKDHQxanDk2P_dY8YpVE7gDF_MRO2PjLkEEdM4/edit?usp=sharing

@downundermike1

Here is the place to look for people for your mock draft

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/forum/9-gm-mock-drafts/

The PFF mock draft simulator is really good, fun, and easy to use, but it's absolutely useless until they start fixing their big board and/or adding the consensus big board into it. The simulated picks go solely off of the PFF big board, which is trash right now. Andre Carter is their 24th ranked player. Quentin Johnston is 8, Jalin Hyatt is 68, Kelee Ringo is 75, Tanner Mckee is 29, Dawand Jones is 44, and I could go on. And at default settings, the picks almost always go in order; the top 20 ranked prospects on the PFF big board go in the top 20 picks every single time. You could set it up to be more random, but then it is also useless. Tanner Mckee going 4th overall will never happen.

It's a fun game right now, but that's it. I wish they'd add a consensus board earlier in the offseason than they do.

Yeah, it's a good time killer, but there are some issues for certain (as you said). I don't like having to make trades prior to the draft when controlling all teams (if you start the draft controlling all, it won't let you trade with an "uninterested team" even though you control them all 🙄).

45 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

The PFF mock draft simulator is really good, fun, and easy to use, but it's absolutely useless until they start fixing their big board and/or adding the consensus big board into it. The simulated picks go solely off of the PFF big board, which is trash right now. Andre Carter is their 24th ranked player. Quentin Johnston is 8, Jalin Hyatt is 68, Kelee Ringo is 75, Tanner Mckee is 29, Dawand Jones is 44, and I could go on. And at default settings, the picks almost always go in order; the top 20 ranked prospects on the PFF big board go in the top 20 picks every single time. You could set it up to be more random, but then it is also useless. Tanner Mckee going 4th overall will never happen.

It's a fun game right now, but that's it. I wish they'd add a consensus board earlier in the offseason than they do.

I think you can manipulate the picks as part of the algorithm is based on where people pick certain players.  i am fairly sure I saw someone prove they could get Stroud to drop to the  Steelers after a week 

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

It's insane.  I did one for the Titans, where I traded down twice and got Broderick Jones, Luke Wypler, Darnell Washington, Jalin Hyatt, Trevius Hodges-Tomlinson, Tyler Davis, Cedric Tillman, Jaxson Kirkland, and a fourth and fifth rounder in 2024.  It gave me a B.

Edited by Daniel

Just now, Daniel said:

It's insane.  I did one for the Titans, where I traded down twice and got Broderick Jones, Luke Wypler, Darnell Washington, Jalin Hyatt, Trevius Hodges-Tomlinson, Tyler Davis, Cedric Tillman, and Jaxson Kirkland.  It gave me a B.

I don't pay attention to the grading at all. It seems almost random. It always ranks trade downs as good, but the selections poorly unless you get a major steal (according to their big board, which like I said, isn't accurate at all right now).

Is there any type of loophole where a stud NCAA sophomore can quit school, sign with the XFL for 1 season, and then sign with w/e NFL team he wants as a free agent?

Could Caleb Williams, Joe Alt, and Marvin Harrison Jr quit school today and sign with the XFL? Then sign with the NFL team they want after playing 1 season in the XFL? Or would they go into the NFL draft pool regardless?

Edited by Jeezla