Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

5 minutes ago, nicfre2011 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I really like Harrison and am intrigued with Freeland as an OT prospect for the Chiefs. Thoughts on where he could grade out after offseason workouts? How does he measure up athletically? Is he an older prospect (BYU)? Any other info on Freeland would be much appreciated.

I get the feeling Harrison could end up going much higher than where we pick in round 1.

I don’t know much about Freeland outside of the handful of games I’ve watched. He’s a junior iirc.

As far as athleticism goes, it’s real hard to tell with OTs unless they’re really far to one end or the other.

The OTs I have as first rounders at the moment are Paris Johnson, Broderick Jones, Darnell Wright, Anton Harrison, and Peter Skoronski. Ryan Hayes, Dawand Jones, and Freeland are the next tier group on my list. I had Fashanu with that second group too before he went back to school.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else have a feeling that the Texans will not take a quarterback first overall? I think it's pretty likely they have Will Anderson and/or Jalen Carter rated ahead of their top rated passer. I also think it's likely that they don't love Young, Stroud, or Levis. To top it all off, the cupboard is pretty barren talent-wise and the team may be more than a couple seasons from competing--whether or not their acquire a franchise quarterback this year.

Also, we have seen teams be more conservative when picking a quarterback than in years past. The Falcons and Broncos passed on Fields and only one quarterback went in the first round last with no quarterbacks going in the second round. I know looking forward to next year is never a slam dunk, but it seems pretty reliable that 2024 is the better quarterback class (Williams, May, Nix, etc.) If a quarterback is taken, I assume it would be Levis due to his upside.

On 12/14/2022 at 3:20 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Anyone want to give me a good Safety ranking, splitting up FS and SS?

Many of the rankings have guys listed as CB/S. 

Some versatility at the safety position, a few safeties who could play corner or be used in the slot at times.  In terms of physically impressive JL Skinner is easily the most impressive and biggest strongest dude, if he runs well he could be a high draft pick.  No super high picks, could easily go no safeties drafted in the 1st round but has a lot of depth and some guys who could be very good pros as mid to late round picks.  

SS:

Ji'Ayir Brown Penn State
JL Skinner Boise State
Brian Branch Alabama JR
Sydney Brown Illinois RS
Jordan Battle Alabama
Ronnie Hickman Ohio State JR
Kenny Logan Jr Kansas
Tyler Nubin Minnesota
Chamarri Conner Virginia Tech RS
Xavier Henderson Michigan State RS

FS:

Mekhi Garner LSU RS JR
Antonio Johnson Texas A&M JR
Ryan Watts Texas JR
Jartavius Martin Illinois
Sydney Brown Illinois RS
Christopher Smith Georgia RS
Hunter Reynolds Utah State RS
Trey Dean III Florida RS
Tanner Ingle NC State RS
Cam Allen Purdue
Demani Richardson Texas A&M
Xavier Henderson Michigan State RS
DeMarcco Hellams Alabama
Miles Battle Ole Miss RS
Kendall Smith Illinois RS
RJ Hubert Utah

Corners who could play safety potentially:

Mekhi Garner LSU RS JR
Ryan Watts Texas JR
Riley Moss Iowa RS
Miles Battle Ole Miss RS

Safeties with slot corner ability to drop down:

Mekhi Garner LSU RS JR
Ryan Watts Texas JR
Brian Branch Alabama
Hunter Reynolds Utah State RS
Trey Dean III Florida RS
Jaylen McCollough Tennessee
Kendall Smith Illinois RS

Safeties who could transition to a LB role potentially:

JL Skinner Boise State
Ronnie Hickman Ohio State JR
Jordan Battle Alabama
Kenny Logan Jr Kansas
Tyler Nubin Minnesota
Chamarri Conner Virginia Tech RS
Joe Foucha LSU RS

• Like 4

On 12/22/2022 at 10:23 PM, Ozzy said:

Some versatility at the safety position, a few safeties who could play corner or be used in the slot at times.  In terms of physically impressive JL Skinner is easily the most impressive and biggest strongest dude, if he runs well he could be a high draft pick.  No super high picks, could easily go no safeties drafted in the 1st round but has a lot of depth and some guys who could be very good pros as mid to late round picks.  

I love JL Skinner, he reminds me of Kam Chancellor.  Seems like majority of the Safeties are better in the box or they are S/CB.  Not seeing a ton of ball hawks at FS.

• Like 2

Any reason why I really don't see any buzz about Tuli Tuipulotu being one of the top defensive line prospects? Obviously the draft pundits love to talk about Will Anderson and Jalen Carter non-stop as the top-tier prospects and then there seems to be a wide ranging second-tier made up of (in no particular order) Myles Murphy, Tyree Wilson, Bryan Breese, BJ Ojulari, Isaiah Foskey, Jared Verse, Nolan Smith, Andre Carter, and Felix Anudikez-Uzomah but not really any mention of Tuipulotu.

Even if someone was only box-score hunting, Tuipulotu would atleast standout in that regard at minimum...and there seems to be so much more substance to him as a legitimate prospect from a scouting standpoint for him to have as little buzz relative to the other names. Thoughts?

He plays on the west coast?  He is my top ranked EDGE player in this draft.  Yes.  Over Anderson.

Edit: I notice a lot of sites have him as IDL.  He plays all over the USC line.  1,3,5 techs but shines in the 7/9 because of his quickness.

Edited by jebrick

1 hour ago, nicfre2011 said:

Any reason why I really don't see any buzz about Tuli Tuipulotu being one of the top defensive line prospects? Obviously the draft pundits love to talk about Will Anderson and Jalen Carter non-stop as the top-tier prospects and then there seems to be a wide ranging second-tier made up of (in no particular order) Myles Murphy, Tyree Wilson, Bryan Breese, BJ Ojulari, Isaiah Foskey, Jared Verse, Nolan Smith, Andre Carter, and Felix Anudikez-Uzomah but not really any mention of Tuipulotu.

Even if someone was only box-score hunting, Tuipulotu would atleast standout in that regard at minimum...and there seems to be so much more substance to him as a legitimate prospect from a scouting standpoint for him to have as little buzz relative to the other names. Thoughts?

I am also puzzled by this.

But the prospects that people have zeroed in on as top players seem particularly odd this season across the board, so I guess it’s not that weird for Tuli either, though I see him sometimes as like a late Day 2/early Day 3 prospect in some places, and I just don’t get it.

On 12/26/2022 at 10:46 AM, Daniel said:

I am also puzzled by this.

But the prospects that people have zeroed in on as top players seem particularly odd this season across the board, so I guess it’s not that weird for Tuli either, though I see him sometimes as like a late Day 2/early Day 3 prospect in some places, and I just don’t get it.

Yeah Tuli's stock seems all over the place. From 1st rounder to 3rd rounder. 
Maybe because he played all over the line and has the body of inside player but is more suited to being a DE? 
I'd draft him in the late first/early second personally