Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

is it real insight.... or vegas trying to get money spread around to other players??

He's also the favorite on MGM, so people are certainly feeling like this is legit. I feel like Vegas can't be that exposed on a #2 overall pick bet 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's also the favorite on MGM, so people are certainly feeling like this is legit. I feel like Vegas can't be that exposed on a #2 overall pick bet 

possible.  but the more they shift the odds to different players, seems like the betting public will follow those odds and move money following the leader.   Vegas doesn't really care who is picked in that spot, they just want to make some cash (and absolutely not take a big loss if the majority of the money is on 1 player)

2 minutes ago, jebrick said:

There is no insight here.  People that know are not talking.  It is a good a bet as any

so what works in Vegas favor?

• 50% of the money on 1 player and the remaining 50% spread around to 2-3 others
  • 5-6 players having around 15-25% each

18 minutes ago, Cypher said:

At the top of the draft, Vegas is right more than they're not for sure.

How many players have been the betting odds to be the pick at number 2 so far? 

Feels like it has been ( in some order).... Young, Stroud, Anderson, Carter ( maybe), Levis

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

How many players have been the betting odds to be the pick at number 2 so far? 

Feels like it has been ( in some order).... Young, Stroud, Anderson, Carter ( maybe), Levis

We are probably at a point where Vegas is only reacting to market fluctuations as you mentioned earlier. Levis being a heavy favorite now isn't about Vegas thinking he's going to be the second pick, but a reaction to an influx of money on Levis to be that pick. 

Now, is that money on Levis just random, or the byproduct of talk indicating the winds are blowing that way, I dunno. 

I still think this is a little early to be setting in, but we will see. If this were Tuesday, I'd definitely feel a certain way

• Like 1