Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

We are probably at a point where Vegas is only reacting to market fluctuations as you mentioned earlier. Levis being a heavy favorite now isn't about Vegas thinking he's going to be the second pick, but a reaction to an influx of money on Levis to be that pick. 

Now, is that money on Levis just random, or the byproduct of talk indicating the winds are blowing that way, I dunno. 

I still think this is a little early to be setting in, but we will see. If this were Tuesday, I'd definitely feel a certain way

So would it be public money or pro/ sharps money driving that?

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

So would it be public money or pro/ sharps money driving that?

For the draft, its typically public money. The totals are low and there's no real data/trends to analyze for a draft so sharps generally don't bet the draft heavily. Since the totals are so low, it takes relatively little money to wildly swing the odds. Thats not to say people with legitimate inside knowledge don't bet the draft but outside the first pick (or first unknown picks assuming Young is 1), there's just too much variation to bet the draft.

9 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

My personal theory on the money for Levis at two, is his apparent link with the Colts and whether they might have a deal with the Texans to move up for him. 

Surely the Texans won’t be stupid enough to trade with the Colts. They’ll look like absolute fools if Levis becomes a franchise QB and haunts them twice a year.

I think the Levis at 2 thing is either the Texans taking him, or trading with someone else. 

17 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

Surely the Texans won’t be stupid enough to trade with the Colts. They’ll look like absolute fools if Levis becomes a franchise QB and haunts them twice a year.

I think the Levis at 2 thing is either the Texans taking him, or trading with someone else. 

I get it would be a weird trade, but would make sense if they trusted their evaluation. I just don’t see who else around would be willing to move to two for him. Of course, this is only me trying to explain the market moves -  not what I think will happen.

28 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

I get it would be a weird trade, but would make sense if they trusted their evaluation. I just don’t see who else around would be willing to move to two for him. Of course, this is only me trying to explain the market moves -  not what I think will happen.

I have a weird feeling that one of the QBs is a complete media creation and is gonna slide all the way down as we’ve seen in the past with guys like Jimmy Clausen, Ryan Nassib, Zach Mettenberger and Desmond Ridder who all fell out of round 1 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

Has anyone ever attended the draft before? Any thoughts on it? The free concerts don’t interest me so trying to figure out if the traffic and thousands of people are worth it. 

I nearly went to one but it was the Vegas covid year that was cancelled. I might do the LA one because its close and to say that I did but ultimately I figure its probably not a great event. You can't really react to others online and there is deadtime where you are probably on your phone anyways. Almost like a graduation ceremony or something. I figure it might be more fun if you hang out in a team section and chat it up with other fans but I am football agnostic (Not a fan of a particular team) and fairly introverted.

• Like 2