Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

This would be like me leaking out that Bijan had a 5.13 40 time to get him to drop. I don't quite understand that.  Teams have access to the scores, so I'm not sure what a person would have to gain to leak out this information besides making someone look bad in the public eye (which is different than impacting other teams, obviously). I'd have to listen to the pod, but it would make more sense to me if the data being revealed is incomplete or provided out of context rather than just "wrong" which is something I believe that someone posted earlier. The leaked score for Jake Haener is in line with what he revealed his score to be earlier this off season, I will say. 

Apparently not. According to the PFF interview, not all 32 teams have access to the scores

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Apparently not. According to the PFF interview, not all 32 teams have access to the scores

You have to be an s2 partner. Some teams are not. 

If you're not an s2 partner, you clearly don't value their tests and how someone does on it so there's really no reason to put stock in a rumor about a low score.  You also  likely have your own tests (Lance Z has commented that Houston has their own test, for example) 

• Like 1

Mike Renner is leaving PFF

I think this would be one of the bigger draft coverage free agents in a while. I'd like NFL Network to go after him to pair with Rich Eisen and Daniel Jeremiah... or the unthinkable and ESPN replace Mel or McShay. I think NFL Network would be the most exciting as he could fill in the role Mayock had pair with a more experienced DJ.

2 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I think this would be one of the bigger draft coverage free agents in a while. I'd like NFL Network to go after him to pair with Rich Eisen and Daniel Jeremiah... or the unthinkable and ESPN replace Mel or McShay. I think NFL Network would be the most exciting as he could fill in the role Mayock had pair with a more experienced DJ.

I wish NFLN would bring Mayock back.

• Like 1

Just now, SmittyBacall said:

I wish NFLN would bring Mayock back.

I enjoy(ed) him too, even as a Raider fan who disagreed with a lot of his selections and signings. I would like him back, but I assume he's retired given age and hasn't returned already.

13 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Man, that's a lot of faces leaving PFF.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Feels like there has been a weird amount of movement the last two years with this type of stuff. 

Solak leaves Bleeding Green / Locked on for the Ringer. 

Sikkema leaves locked on for PFF. 

Gayle leaves PFF for Ringer. 

Klassen leaves Football Outsiders. 

Jordan Reid leaves TDN for ESPN. 

etc etc. 

This is becoming a super competitive market, it feels like 

1 minute ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Yeah, sad to see. I think they lost a lot of money trying to break into the sports gambling market but it didn't payoff. Classic case of chasing growth for the sake of it rather than keeping the core business stable.

Also, they are no longer the premier source for this kind of data tracking. TruMedia and SIS have eaten into a ton of their market share, I would imagine. You see those two frequently used by the athletic, for example. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Feels like there has been a weird amount of movement the last two years with this type of stuff. 

etc etc. 

Its a tough business. FO is probably dead (someone may buy the rights to DVOA just because it has name rep). TDN/BG are small/niche platforms so that is merely an upgrade for them.

7 minutes ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Yeah, sad to see. I think they lost a lot of money trying to break into the sports gambling market but it didn't payoff. Classic case of chasing growth for the sake of it rather than keeping the core business stable.

Ah okay. I read somewhere that he was still having to do a lot of the day to day analytical work, alongside the media stuff. Will be weird to see him at another outlet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

etc etc. 

Kyle Crabbs just left TDN for Locked On same with Joe Marino. 

• Like 1