Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it's real, but I think that they are going to try and move down first. 

This. We've seen this regime not care about positional value and go BPA on their boards before (Pitts). There was tons of Pitts smoke then too. It's absolutely real. I'd love a trade down that still results in Bijan, but obviously Philly at 10 is a concern. 

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

This is cool 

Do you think Panthers had intel on Texans wanting Bryce, like extra intel than normal, because the staff they hired has guys that interviewed for the Texans job and you'd discuss what the team direction would be?

42 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

If one of the 4 QB's slides into the teens, I gotta imagine Minnesota will be calling everyone to move up. I'm sure O'Connell wants to get "his guy", and it would be the perfect situation for any of the raw prospects to sit behind Kirk for a year.

Honestly, I think C.J. Stroud would be a great fit in that system.

32 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What is the big difference between Jalen Hurts and Anthony Richardson besides their size? I guess im just surprised he is projected so highly compared to how Jalen was perceived but maybe Richardson gets the benefit of the doubt bc Jalen is a beast now

It's physical talent. Hurts is 6'1" 225ish, runs a 4.59 40, and has a solid arm. Richardson is 6'4" 245, ran a 4.43 40 (which might not even be his max), and will walk into the NFL with one of the strongest arms in the NFL. In terms of physical gifts, Richardson is one of the most gifted QBs of all time. But he's not as polished as Hurts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Between ESPN and NFL, which draft show do you prefer? Looking for the one with no leaks, but timely reporting about trades, and if possible cameras for the draftees when they get the news.

in the past, I recall NFL network not spoiling, don't know whether or not thats still the case.  Seems all the news guys trip all over themselves to break anything as soon as possible these days.

50 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What is the big difference between Jalen Hurts and Anthony Richardson besides their size? I guess im just surprised he is projected so highly compared to how Jalen was perceived but maybe Richardson gets the benefit of the doubt bc Jalen is a beast now

Jalen Hurts: 682/1047 for 65.1% completion % 9,477yds for 9.1 y/attempt 80TD 20INT + 3,274 rush yds for 5.3 y/c 43 TD

Anthony Richardson: 215/393 for 54.7 completion % 3,105yds for 7.9 y/attempt 24TD 15 INT + 1,116 rush yds for 6.9 y/c 12TD

Richardson should be a 3rd round developmental at best imo.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Between ESPN and NFL, which draft show do you prefer? Looking for the one with no leaks, but timely reporting about trades, and if possible cameras for the draftees when they get the news.

For the people who want to watch and see the picks being discussed, you cannot beat the livestreams. PFF, and the Draft Network guys will both have livestreams.

41 minutes ago, Trojan said:

You get Trey Lance in trade if you pass on QB. It's not like they don't get a yougn franchise guy. If Trey sucks you have ammo to swing again in 2024. If Bryce was your guy and Bryce goes one, and you don't believe in Stroud//Levis/Richardson, but your new HC whose defense relies on the wide nine edge rusher loves his guy you take what your coach wants imo. If Demeco likes Trey and his OC from PFF/SF likes Trey. Trade for Trey. Will Anderson and or Tyree Wilson are big time hits in the system if they hit.

I mean sure, but your assuming the Texans want Trey Lance who has been unspectacular. Also whose to say Anderson/Wilson wont bust? People keep saying pass on a QB so you dont make a mistake, just assuming every other non-QB in the top 10 is a guaranteed stud?

7 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Tape the more entertaining ESPN but watch the more informative NFL live.