Draft General (News, Media Mocks, Big Boards, Rumors)

goldfishwars

On 4/20/2024 at 6:18 PM, DirtyDez said:

So they plan on paying him long term or just want to get blown away in a trade?

Bengals and Higgins don't seem to be close to a deal. Extending Chase will be the priority next offseason so the tag this year is probably just a 1 year rental, ala Jessie Bates in 2022. But there are receiver needy teams who may be willing to pay Higgins price and a trade to one of them would probably make sense for the Bengals. But that doesn't mean they would do the deal, they'd have to get Mike Brown's approval and he's famously inflexible. 

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Per Schefter on Mcafee, the Giants and Vikings are the most active teams trying to trade up to #3 overall.

If New England is giving legitimate thought to moving that pick, I'm guessing that they may only have one preferred QB and if he's not there, they are good with moving the pick. 

Just now, Forge said:

If New England is giving legitimate thought to moving that pick, I'm guessing that they may only have one preferred QB and if he's not there, they are good with moving the pick. 

One or 2 QBs, and they're both gone, yeah. That's the only reason it would ever make sense. 

40 minutes ago, Forge said:

If I'm the GM of the Pats, I'm trading back for as much as I can get.   Pats are not a QB away from contending.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Flatlyner said:

If I'm the GM of the Pats, I'm trading back for as much as I can get.   Pats are not a QB away from contending.

See, imo, this is the wrong way of thinking.  QBs are hard to come by, as are top 3 picks.  If you think one of these QBs is a guy going forward, you're crazy not to take him.  The goal doesn't have to be contend in your QB's rookie season.  Goal number 1 is just to have a damn QB.

• Like 9

More trade talk around #3. Dianna Russini now reporting Eliot Wolf and Jonathan Kraft are both involved in the decision making there.

If you're sold on a QB, it doesn't matter how your roster looks, you need to take him. But if you like only 2 of them, and both of them are going to be gone at your pick at 3, and you can get a haul to move out...

Personally, if the Patriots aren't sold on Drake Maye, I don't know what to tell them. That just seems dumb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I’ve had NE pegged as a team wanting to move back since the beginning. Their roster is dreadful and they didn’t do anything in free agency to set the stage for a rookie QB to find success. 

19 minutes ago, Daniel said:

See, imo, this is the wrong way of thinking.  QBs are hard to come by, as are top 3 picks.  If you think one of these QBs is a guy going forward, you're crazy not to take him.  The goal doesn't have to be contend in your QB's rookie season.  Goal number 1 is just to have a damn QB.

Very true. Joe Burrow + a good FA pool vaulted us to a Super Bowl appearance in two years.

53 minutes ago, Flatlyner said:

All that matters is how you feel about the QBs available imo. I don't care if I'm ready to compete if I legitimately think a QB is going to be a franchise QB. The hardest part of that is teams being upfront and honest with themselves about the evaluation and not just doing it because they need a QB. If you don't like the guys, you don't like the guys...and that's okay. 

But if you do like one of those guys, you just have to take him. You don't know when you'll have the same opportunity. 

22 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Only trade back if your guy isn't there imo.