New Derek Carr thread

Silver&Black88

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hope this wasn’t directed at me. Was no ill will in my comments above and everything I stated was pretty true. He will be on a very short leash throughout the season and will need to be more aggressive. It doesn’t mean I’m confident in Mariota by any means, I’m not. But I have zero doubts Gruden will start him the next time he’s frustrated with another subpar Carr streak. 

This is good for Carr. We will finally see him being aggressive and if there’s any 2016 Carr left in the tank or if that aggressive 4th QTR guy is gone forever. 

I'll say it in a different way.

You start with Carr is gone. Mayock and Gruden don't want him and they see it. They will release or trade him. We will sign Brady. We will draft, fill in the blank. I trust in Mayock and Gruden. They're looking at all the draftable players. Look at all the available free agents. We would've drafted so and so if they'd been available last year. Oh well that guy and that guy are off the board, we can still get so and so. Hmm, we signed Mariota. We could still trade Carr to one of these teams. These other free agents are still available. We could still draft a QB. Well it's looking like we won't sign a free agent. We could still trade Carr to one of these teams. All these spots are filling up, so I guess we aren't signing anyone else or trading Carr anytime soon. We could still trade Carr during the draft.  Carr better not play like crap or he might get replaced by Mariota. We could still draft a guy. We could still trade Carr.....

This sums up the off-season. Obviously you don't want Carr and obviously you wanted something else, but at what point will you accept reality?

We all know Carr has to perform. His job literally depends on it. Your opinion is just as valid as everyone else's. Maybe it's a say it enough and it will come true philosophy, I don't know. I think everyone is just tired of hearing it. No offense.

@BayRaider what happened to your Cousin Tom? 

We didn't even offer him a contract during the tampering period!!!

But Mayock and Gruden hates Carr and think he sucks right?

You live in your own world brother. 

You are like all the Liberals in denial that Trump will be the President to 2024, Carr will be our QB.

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Looking 80% likely Carr starts Week 1 unless we see a draft day trade with the Bears which is still possible. 

However, anyone who thinks Carr won’t be on a short leash is fooling themselves. Three bad games in a row or six average games in a row, and I’d expect him to be benched for Mariota. Am I confident in either guy? Nope. Not at all. 

I’m just hoping this will force Carr to he more aggressive. If his WR has a step, he tries to fire it in there and not check it down. Because, this is what Carr does. The WR core does get steps on their guys consistently. And Mariota, while no where close to the passer Carr is, will fire it into a tight window. It’s one of the better things Marcus does. 

Should be an interesting season. 

Carr doesnt have a leash... he has the MF keys to the castle. 

Give it up playa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

We didn't even offer him a contract during the tampering period? 

But Mayock and Gruden hate Carr and think he sucks.

You are like all the Liberals in denial that Trump will be the President to 2024, Carr will be our QB.

Chill with all that bs. Attack bay all you want. Check that garbage politics crap at the door. 

• Like 3

We didn't even offer him a contract during the tampering period? 

But Mayock and Gruden hate Carr and think he sucks.

Politics not allowed! Best way to ruin a forum.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, true2form said:

I'll say it in a different way.

You start with Carr is gone. Mayock and Gruden don't want him and they see it. They will release or trade him. We will sign Brady. We will draft, fill in the blank. I trust in Mayock and Gruden. They're looking at all the draftable players. Look at all the available free agents. We would've drafted so and so if they'd been available last year. Oh well that guy and that guy are off the board, we can still get so and so. Hmm, we signed Mariota. We could still trade Carr to one of these teams. These other free agents are still available. We could still draft a QB. Well it's looking like we won't sign a free agent. We could still trade Carr to one of these teams. All these spots are filling up, so I guess we aren't signing anyone else or trading Carr anytime soon. We could still trade Carr during the draft.  Carr better not play like crap or he might get replaced by Mariota. We could still draft a guy. We could still trade Carr.....

This sums up the off-season. Obviously you don't want Carr and obviously you wanted something else, but at what point will you accept reality?

We all know Carr has to perform. His job literally depends on it. Your opinion is just as valid as everyone else's. Maybe it's a say it enough and it will come true philosophy, I don't know. I think everyone is just tired of hearing it. No offense.

I’ve said a numerous amount of times there’s a 50/50 shot Carr is our starter this year. Did I prefer him gone? Sure. Three years of being below average. I don’t think Mike/Gruden are fully sold on him either otherwise you wouldn’t see the Mariota signing or two straight years of QB Rumors. 

However, Carr gets everything he needs to prove himself this year, and I’m rooting for him. I’ll root for whoever is the Week 1 starter. And I’ve made that very clear. I’m not some “Carr Hater” like you guys labeled me. I’m a Raider Fan always looking to improve the team. Carr will probably have a #1 WR, Top OL, Top TE, Top RB, and a QB in his shadow forcing him to be aggressive. I’m rooting for him to succeed, rooting for the team to succeed, but there will be no excuses this season in any way, shape, or form. 

1 minute ago, raidr4life said:

Politics not allowed! Best way to ruin a forum.

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Chill with all that bs. Attack bay all you want. Check that garbage politics crap at the door.

Musta missed the rule that said no politics. It's also an analogy. Its the people that want to focus on that part and not the sports part that is the problem. 

Musta missed the rule that said no politics. It's also an analogy. Its the people that want to focus on that part and not the sports part that is the problem. 

No you saying it is the problem. It's probably the biggest or 2nd biggest rule on the forum. 

Nah it's people that don't realize politics in a sports forum is the problem.

• Like 1