Fire Pettine

MacReady

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Watch us go right back to 20th in points allowed next year because Pettine is a ****ing joke.

I could see a regression for sure .. perhaps a tougher schedule, more injuries, and fewer takeaways.  We got career best seasons from the Smith's and probably Kenny Clark.  I credit Pettine though for getting a lot of production from those three.

The tone of the presser seems to contradict the news we're retaining Pettine.

Sounds like Murphy overruled LaFleur. Not good for the working relationship between LaFleur and Pettine going forward.

Edited by Chili

Please, you guys need to stop acting like we're re-hiring Dom Capers. Pettine's pass scheme stuff is real good. He disguises blitzes, he disguises coverages, he moves pass rushers around so it's not literally Clay and Perry on the EDGE every single snap of the game. We were very good this year in QBR against and one of the best in the NFL in pass rush win rate.

His run fits need some work. You know what will instantly help that even if he does absolutely jack .... to his scheme? A better ILB, and 3 tech which we'll have over 40m in cap space to go grab.

I have no doubt LaFleur laid down some expectations of what he wanted and Pettine agreed. If he was hard headed about wanting to run his defense a certain way and unwilling to accept blame for what happened Sunday, he'd have been fired. Common sense.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I'm not surprised but I am a bit disappointed they came to this decision so fast. Pettine damn well change up his defense. Maybe that's what he pitched to Lafleur. Pettine pounded the table hard and screamed "We are going to stop the ******* run!"

I hope that's the case .. "I'll bring you back, but we have got to devise a defense to slow up these running teams".  Got to be multiple, and be able to change up a game plan on the fly.  At least the players will have yet another season to get real comfortable with this scheme.  I do think we were undermanned when it comes to the Dline, so Gute should know quite well what need to be improved in 2020.

1 minute ago, Chili said:

Sounds like Murphy overruled LaFleur. Not good for the working relationship between LaFleur and Pettine going forward.

If that happened then LaFleur should have threatened to quit.  Seriously .. NFL coaches generally get pretty much full control over their assistants.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m pissed.  Now we aren’t winning the Super Bowl.  Can’t win a Super Bowl if you give up 37 ******* POINTS IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

We won't give up 37 points if Dean Lowry, BJ Goodson, Tyler Lancaster and Blake Martinez aren't our main combatants against a teams running attack.

Face it, Gute left us real light there. Don't think he expected so much success in year 1. Cut Daniels at a dumb time if he did expect that. Pettine's run fits only made the talent issue worse.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

All roads on this one lead to one person......MURPHY !  He just wants to be competitive to keep the fans coming and most importantly the profits flowing.

Why would Murphy fear hiring a different DC? He wouldn't. This **** has to stop.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

Oh dude stop with the conjecture. Its MLFs call. Murphy didn't overrule him and you have no evidence for that, especially when Demo reported Pettine met with MLF.

The Murphy is in control of everything Crowd:

Image result for alex jones tin foil hat gif

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Striker said:

...what?

Base on this train of thought, wouldn't it be better to improve the team beyond just competitive? Thus leading to bigger fan events, attendance, and greater profit? That sure makes a lot more sense than Murphy playing the role of "let's just stay good but never great" puppetmaster.

The train of thought with anti-Murphy conspiracies is something else.

Thank you