Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

To me, the Niners should be favored to win this.  They're the better overall team.  They have an elite defense and elite running game.  The Niners should be able to win the game in the trenches on both sides of the football.  That's the perfect recipe to beat the Chiefs - an elite defense and a running game that keeps their offense off the field. 

Having slept on it, I want the Chiefs to win (though not that much, like the 49ers too) but I think the 49ers will. As mentioned, they have the better overall roster, though Mahomes is much better than Jimmy G. For me the tie-breaker is that I think Shanahan is a better coach than Reid. What I saw in the AFCG was Reid get outcoached by Vrabel but Mahomes just out gunning/KC out talenting the Titans. Reid is a great schemer but there's always little things that his teams don't do that Shanahan has his team doing now. Wouldn't shock me at all to see Mahomes override everything (especially if the Chief's blocking holds up) but thats the edge that has me voting 49ers right now.

6 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

😂😂 If you say so Ford speed and initial step is so quick he gets behind the O line before they even move. 

And Clark destroys double teams and is great against the run. Gets the sack to end the game and is a leader in the locker room.

And he also doesn’t line up offsides and cost his team the AFC Championship

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

😂😂 If you say so Ford speed and initial step is so quick he gets behind the O line before they even move. 

That's really all Ford has, though. His speed around the edge is fantastic, and is why we drafted him as high as we did. But he wasn't a good run defender, his power was underwhelming, he didn't have a wide array of pass rush moves or anything. So all he had was that speed around the edge. Maybe he progressed a bit, but there's more to playing edge than a quick first step. Especially if you only ever really go around the OT, you make your game predictable.

30 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

And Clark destroys double teams and is great against the run. Gets the sack to end the game and is a leader in the locker room.

And he also doesn’t line up offsides and cost his team the AFC Championship

He made one mistake haha. Frank Clark is going to get put on his *** by the best TE in football. 

42 minutes ago, Dub_City30 said:

Trust me, we’ve watched Ford for years.    Clark is a way better DE.   

Ford still has he uses though,   He might want to lay off that speed a little bit this game though... OT is just gonna push him by and let Mahomes break the pocket underneath,  that’s where Mahomes is most deadly 

Re: Clark vs. Ford there’s no contest who the better player is IMO.   Clark is a 2-way player who plays all 3 downs.   Ford is saved almost exclusively for pass rush.  

Here’s the thing though - SF only needs him to be that pass rush guy that brings elite speed around the edge.   By putting Armstead inside and Bosa elsewhere (or sometimes with Ford lol), it creates mismatches at multiple spots and no easy help solution.   As a result, Ford’s impact in pass rush is just as great for SF as Clark is for KC.   The impact on run D isn’t a contest.  

Clark is a huge reason why KC’s D is so vastly improved (secondary the other).    But it’s still nowhere close to SF’s level of dominance.   The rest of that front 7 is such an elite unit.   Which is good given how awesome Mahomes & the O are.   Can’t wait to see this matchup go down. 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 6