Super Bowl LIV - San Francisco 49ers vs. Kansas City Chiefs

DigInBoys

Who will win the Super Bowl?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Super Bowl?

• 49ers
    • Chiefs

I mentioned this in the SF-GB thread - SF's D with their starters all back is near-generational elite.   Their one weakness when everyone is healthy is RCB.  That's it.  Their ability to get to the QB with only 4 guys is a huge neutralizer.

That said, JimmyG is likely going to have to beat KC's D, much like we saw with TEN, KC will commit more guys to stop the run, and make the QB beat them.  We literally haven't seen if JimmyG is up to the big game in playoff time, we do know he can do it in big regular season games, but obv the SB is a whole different level of pressure.   He didn't have to do much at all vs. GB, which is expected.  He'll definitely have to do more in 2 weeks time.    The other part - the one area besides RCB where SF can be beat - pure speed.  Hill & Hardman present problems that way - the issue is if Mahomes will have enough time to get deep shots.

The big X-factor is how aggressive both Andy Reid & Kyle Shanahan are in-game.  We know that Reid is famous for being conservative in-game, but he shouldn't be with Mahomes at the helm, and he wasn't vs. TEN this past week in the 2Q, which was good to see.   Shanahan's 4Q conservative plan was the only reason GB made it a 2-score game - he can't afford to do this in 2 weeks time.   Relying on his D to stop Mahomes is a good way to lose the game.   

It's a KC-1.5 game right now, I'd put it at a pick 'em game.  I'm hoping both Reid and Shanny let both O's go, and if they do, we should see a great game.   Either way, the winner will earn the title - both teams were the best January teams this year by a mile, and both earned their way to their seeds.   It won't be seen as a QB-got-hot / fluke run at all, whoever has the title.    

I'm calling a 31-28 type game....just haven't decided who.   My mind says SF, it's just hard to go against Mahomes right now, but the better overall team usually beats the star player.  Nothing against KC, they are likely the top / 2nd best overall team in the AFC, SF is just so complete, and that D is amazing with everyone back.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I don't pay attention to social media, but it's an outlet for todays players by the looks of it.  It does add fuel to the fire , so it ain't all bad is it :$.

Do you prefer Clarks play over Fords?

Yes dear god i prefer Clark overall too Ford

Feels amazing to not have to watch the Pats in the Superbowl this year. Even better that this game feels like the start of the next era in football. Two shiny new powerhouses that could be perennial Superbowl favorites.

If I am making predictions, I have KC taking this one. At the speed they score, you won't be able to count them out until the clock hits 00:00, and if they get the lead early, I don't see the 49ers catching up.

8 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

I guess lol. Not sure what point you’re making lol or where this is going. If your family handles that then that’s a good business lol. 

Tell ya when you’re older. That Jimmy G shirt would pair well with your Goff boyband cover avatar. 10/10 recommend. All the other kids at your high school would be impressed.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Tell ya when you’re older. That Jimmy G shirt would pair well with your Goff boyband cover avatar. 10/10 recommend. All the other kids at your high school would be impressed.

Lol dude this sounds like something will Ferrell would say to a 18’year old in old school. Outta here old man.