2020 Off-season Discussion Thread

squire12

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

What about a possible trade for Kenny Stills?  BoB and the Texans appear to have their WR set in place for 2020 and Stills is just turning 28 with one year left on his contract.

KENNY STILLS
WR, HOUSTON TEXANS

The Athletic's Aaron Reiss believes Kenny Stills is the likely "odd man out" among Texans wideouts.
The Texans signed Randall Cobb and traded the No. 57 overall pick in this year's draft for Brandin Cooks, joining them with Will Fuller to be Houston's new three-wide set following the trade of DeAndre Hopkins.  Stills is entering the final year of his contract with a $7 million cap number, all of which can be cleared with a release or trade.  Houston likely would have been better off just not signing Cobb and keeping Stills, but they're here now.  Trading Stills would likely only net a late-rounder.  He turns 28 next week.

SOURCE: The Athletic
Apr 15, 2020, 9:42 AM ET

Well, he's just over 6 feet tall and runs a 4.38 40.

We typically don't like them that small and that fast.

If you are gonna be that fast, you better be around 6'4''.

Kidding of course, but I'd rather wait to see if he gets cut.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:19 PM, Packerraymond said:

I remember people said this in 2005 too. 

We took a QB, if he's good it's a fantastic draft regardless of what the other picks do. We'll have to see. Definitely not a 2020 season needle mover though I agree 

I think one of the biggest differences between these situations for fans is the perception that Rodgers was falling, and was a potential No. 1 overall pick that shouldn't be there in the 20s.

Unlike Love, who went just about where folks projected him.  Perhaps a little later since i always expect QBs to go "high" becuase there's a lot of qb needy teams out there.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

I'd love it, bit we ain't gonna do it.

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

What about a possible trade for Kenny Stills?  BoB and the Texans appear to have their WR set in place for 2020 and Stills is just turning 28 with one year left on his contract.

KENNY STILLS
WR, HOUSTON TEXANS

The Athletic's Aaron Reiss believes Kenny Stills is the likely "odd man out" among Texans wideouts.
The Texans signed Randall Cobb and traded the No. 57 overall pick in this year's draft for Brandin Cooks, joining them with Will Fuller to be Houston's new three-wide set following the trade of DeAndre Hopkins.  Stills is entering the final year of his contract with a $7 million cap number, all of which can be cleared with a release or trade.  Houston likely would have been better off just not signing Cobb and keeping Stills, but they're here now.  Trading Stills would likely only net a late-rounder.  He turns 28 next week.

SOURCE: The Athletic
Apr 15, 2020, 9:42 AM ET

So then the question could be;

trade a 6th for Kenny Stills with 1yr, $7m

or

wait for his release. Sign for 3 yrs, $24 Million

I’m offering a 7th but don’t think that would be enough

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It’s possible he might get cut, but what kind of deal would he expect at that point?  I’ve always thought he was a talented receiver - I’m just not sure of the mechanics and the best overall scenario to bring him on, not to mention what BoB would do.

Copying @TheGreatZepp since he also commented with some suggestions.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What would everyone think if Dante Pettis got cut? Some think he’s on the bubble for SF.

24 years old, solid rookie year, knows Shannahan’s system so he’d be familiar with ours. Heck, I think I’d trade a pick for him if needed. 

Seems like just another warm body we're throwing in here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Seems like just another warm body we're throwing in here.

I’m not going to lie, I haven’t seen much of him, even in college. I just know a lot were high on him pre-draft and after his rookie year. Wouldn’t mind a competition between him , MVS and EQ. 

Rashan Gary and Oren Burks are both having strong seasons.  Gary added 10 pounds and is playing half his snaps at DE, the other half at EDGE.  He has 9 sacks through 11 games.  Preston Smith is in a little bit of a slump with only three sacks, but Z. Smith is in DPOY territory with 12 sacks, 4 forced fumbles and a huge interception.  Josh Jackson gets on the field in nickel and dime packages.  Fourth corner in dime, safety in nickel.  Savage plays the slot in nickel packages.  Savage leads the Packers with 4 interceptions, then Jaire Alexander and Josh Jackson with three.  The Packers are giving up 18 points a game.

Overall they’re 8-2.  Undefeated again in the division.  Bears are 3-7.  Vikings are 7-3.  Lions are at 6 wins.

Aaron Jones is battling nagging injuries after a strong start to the season.  He’s currently at 750 rushing yards with 7 touchdowns.  AJ Dillon has stepped up while Jones deals with limited touches.  He’s at 500 rushing yards with 6 touchdowns.

Davante leads the Packers with 60 receptions, 800 yards and 7 touchdowns.  Lazard is having a steady year with 20 receptions and 4 touchdowns.  Sternberger is having a solid year with 30 catches and 5 touchdowns.  MVS has stepped up big with 40 receptions so far and 4 touchdowns.  Josiah D. has 12 receptions and a lot of big plays running the ball, including a 40 yard fake punt run.  He is a third and short weapon.

Aaron Rodgers at 20 touchdowns, 7.7 yards per attempt, a QB rating of 114 and he has 5 interceptions already.  His attempts are down, but his accuracy is way up.  

Falcons, Redskins, Jets, Bengals, Panthers are all fighting for first overall pick with one win each.

Buccaneers had a rough patch, but they’re fighting back and on a win streak with 6 wins.  Cowboys started off hot, but have slowed to 6-4 after a rough three game stretch.  

Raiders and Giants surprise teams at 7 wins each.  Ravens, Niners the only two teams with one loss.  Seattle and Pittsburgh with surprising down years.  Three wins each.

Love got into a game late against the Bears when the Packers were up 34-6 against the Bears after Trubisky three four interceptions.  He attempted one deep pass into double coverage.  Great accuracy, but MVS couldn’t hold on through contact.  His second pass he whiffed on and it fell incomplete.  His third pass he hit Jace Sternberger on a crossing route that gained 9 yards.  Packers punted.  The next possession was just four runs to end the game.

• Like 1