Fitzmagic coming back for another year

Nbanflguy

honestly I think fitz turned the corner this year. He stopped turning the ball over as much later in the season. I think both Miami and fitz are going to be better than a lot of people are giving them credit for. 

sure, fitztragic jokes are fun, but the dolphins could do A LOT worse given the state of their franchise (cough josh rosen cough)

6 hours ago, Nbanflguy said:

Does this effect the Dolphins interest in Tua?

Seriously?

5 hours ago, Nbanflguy said:

Does that mean you sit Tua for the whole year though? Or cut Fitzpatrick when Tua is ready to play? You cant just simply bench Fitz and turn to Tua. QB's are incapable of performing or stay healthy when Fitz is backing them up. Its a curse

Did they cut Rosen? 

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not sure Fitz is the teaching type. Be better off getting a McCown or someone like that for teaching.

Fitz has never really been in that position before. I'd imagine he'd do fine at it. 

2 hours ago, N4L said:

honestly I think fitz turned the corner this year. He stopped turning the ball over as much later in the season. I think both Miami and fitz are going to be better than a lot of people are giving them credit for. 

sure, fitztragic jokes are fun, but the dolphins could do A LOT worse given the state of their franchise (cough josh rosen cough)

- Buffalo Bills GM, 2010

2 hours ago, Emerica said:

And you would know that because? Did you have special access to the Jets QB room that we should know about?

I know him and Geno didn’t get along (who was our young QB on the roster when he was here). I don’t think 2 guys not getting along for whatever reason, doesn’t sound like mentoring to me.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I know him and Geno didn’t get along (who was our young QB on the roster when he was here). I don’t think 2 guys not getting along for whatever reason, doesn’t sound like mentoring to me.

yeah, because how someone gets along with geno smith should be the only barometer for how well someone is able to get along with everyone

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

What the Dolphins would likely do is use Fitz as a bridge QB and let Tua get healthy. While fans will be screaming for him to start, they can use this as a way to let him sit, learn the offense and just get his body right using a long term approach. 

I think this would be the smart decision. You likely aren't competing for a championship next year anyway, so let Tua sit and take the year to get healthy and learn. Nothing bad about that.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

yeah, because how someone gets along with geno smith should be the only barometer for how well someone is able to get along with everyone

Didn’t say that at all. Someone asked me how I know he isn’t known as a mentor. And in his 2 years with the Jets he wasnt a mentor. Could he have changed? Absolutely. Is there proof of that? No there’s not. Like I have said (which still no one has answered)... name me these QBs he’s mentored? Please. I just think whoever is hopeful (or whatever you want to call it) for him being back another year to “mentor” whoever Miami drafts. Might not be getting what they think. They’ll be getting the on again off again Fitz and I think that’s it. Does he offer experience in a QB room? Absolutely. But there’s zero proof to him being a good mentor. Let’s also not act like this is Drew Brees here. It’s Fitzpatrick for crying out loud.

It's not guaranteed by any means they get Tua.  Miami is sitting at the 4th overall pick and coming into this college FB season, Tua was the consensus #1 overall pick.  Unfortunately, he suffered a serious injury + Joe Burrow's season pretty much takes him out of contention for the #1 overall pick. However, another team could trade up in front of Miami at #2 or #3 and snag Tua.

Even if the Dolphins did get Tua, he might not be ready to play week one.  Fitz is a great QB for them to have on their roster for one more season.

21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Tricked another team into thinking he's good like he has with others. Trust me as a Jets fan after he plays good for a year... you can count on him being awful the next year.

all good, just means that fitz will get benched and tua will go on a streak to the superbowl #FINSUP

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Drained said:

all good, just means that fitz will get benched and tua will go on a streak to the superbowl #FINSUP

AFC East will be a battle for 10 years with good QBs if they draft Tua. Brady out soon and Darnold, Allen and Tua to battle it out. I pray NE struggles to get a franchise QB for years.

With a stronger arm, this dude coulda been a Top 5 QB. He has ice in his veins. Not super conservative like some QBs. And he’s ridiculously smart. Harvard and like a 48 wonderlic score wasn’t it? He is a genius. Most of his INTs are because of velocity issues. 

Shame he never worked in a WCO as far as I know. Would of thrived there.