HOF 2020 modern era inductees revealed

TecmoSuperJoe

15 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Both should be there, Hutch is absolutely worthy.

Nobody is doubting Hutch is worthy. But Faneca has one more All-Pro nomination, 2 more Pro Bowls, and when the two played in the biggest games of their career, Faneca made the game winning block. Hutchinson was barely there.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Nobody is doubting Hutch is worthy. But Faneca has one more All-Pro nomination, 2 more Pro Bowls, and when the two played in the biggest games of their career, Faneca made the game winning block. Hutchinson was barely there.

I don't think we disagree, they both should be there

• Like 1

It's interesting to note the last 5 cut from the final 10 were Thomas, Lynch, Faneca, Boselli and Seymour. 

Considering , Boselli, and Faneca have been on the final 10 for 3 years in a row and Seymour was on the final 10 for the last 2, I think next year should be an easy selection process. 

Peyton Manning is an obvious first ballot and Charles Woodson should be as well. I think Jared Allen and Calvin Johnson are both HOF worthy but I don't think they get in on the first ballot. That leads me to think Faneca and Boselli both get in with Seymour being number 5. Of course guys have jumped over in the past and I know the Hall hates the WR logjam that keeps coming so Holt and Wayne or even Lynch could make that jump over one of the lineman. I think that they go with those three lineman.

2022 looks like a down year with Demarcus Ware being an obvious HOF but that's really about it for the definite. Jared Allen probable gets in on his second round through. This would be a good year to clear the backlog and put Holt or Wayne through along with Lynch and possibly Thomas. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I agree with the sentiment that I don't know if Edgerrin James is a Hall of Famer. Certainly Hall of Very Good but I consider him the 5th most important Colt of that regime.

As far as Jared Allen, do people really think he's a first ballot guy? I was on the Allen bandwagon for like, forever. But he's not a first ballot guy.

It’s unlikely. Not with Peyton Manning and Charles Woodson on the ballot next year for the first time. That effectively only leaves three out of 13 spots available.

Those three places will likely go to the likes of Lynch, Boselli, Faneca etc who have been waiting long enough and made the first cut this year from 15-10. There will be a bigger push to get those guys in as soon as possible. 

Demarcus Ware is a 2022 candidate and the strongest first-time eligible that year so there will be competition among pass rushers if Allen doesn’t get in next year. 

Edited by Boknows34

3 hours ago, tom cody said:

Congrats to all the new nominees. Not sure I agree with James getting in though.

I just wonder why though? What about him doesn't say Hall of Fame? I see all the reasons and stats people give for him going in and those certainly stack up to being Hall of Fame worthy. What reason do people have for him not making it? 

2021 and 2022 will see another 10 HOFers. 

I’m confident eight of them will be:

Peyton Manning (2021 lock)

Charles Woodson (2021 lock)

Tony Boselli 

Alan Faneca

John Lynch

Richard Seymour

Zach Thomas 

DeMarcus Ware (2022)

The last two spots could go between Calvin Johnson, Jared Allen, LeRoy Butler (1st team 1990s). 

2022 has the look of a catch-up year. 

9 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

I agree with the sentiment that I don't know if Edgerrin James is a Hall of Famer. Certainly Hall of Very Good but I consider him the 5th most important Colt of that regime.

As far as Jared Allen, do people really think he's a first ballot guy? I was on the Allen bandwagon for like, forever. But he's not a first ballot guy.

I don't care about first ballot.  If he gets in, I'll be happy, even if it takes a couple of years.

4 hours ago, Boknows34 said:

2021 and 2022 will see another 10 HOFers. 

I’m confident eight of them will be:

Peyton Manning (2021 lock)

Charles Woodson (2021 lock)

Tony Boselli 

Alan Faneca

John Lynch

Richard Seymour

Zach Thomas 

DeMarcus Ware (2022)

The last two spots could go between Calvin Johnson, Jared Allen, LeRoy Butler (1st team 1990s). 

2022 has the look of a catch-up year. 

Reggie Wayne, Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, Allen Faneca, John Lynch.

That's my prediction for 2021s class.

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Does anyone think this year's HOF class was pretty weak, all things considered?

Not really. I think Wayne or Faneca should've gotten in over James. Beyond that i think they got it right. But I think I get what your saying. The only "elite" player was Polamalu of the class.