If the Raiders signed Brady, would you pursue Carr?

malagabears

52 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Top 8-12 QB?  I respectfully disagree.  Here are guys I have for sure rated higher than him:

Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Jackson, Watson, Wilson, Wentz, Ryan, Jimmy G, Dak, Cousins, Tannehill, Murray

There are a number of stats available that point to Carr being better than Garoppolo, Wentz, Murray, Brady, and Tannehill. He was top 10 in QB Rating, DVOA, Total QBR, and Adjusted Net Air Yards per Attempt.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

There are a number of stats available that point to Carr being better than Garoppolo, Wentz, Murray, Brady, and Tannehill. He was top 10 in QB Rating, DVOA, Total QBR, and Adjusted Net Air Yards per Attempt.

He had a very, very good season. No way to skew that otherwise. 

20 hours ago, abstract_thought said:

Wasn't Mitch similar in terms of this production in 2018?

19 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

He had a very, very good season. No way to skew that otherwise. 

I wouldn't say very very good.  His team went 7-9 and he finished with 23 total TD's, 2 of which were rushing TDs.  Mitch played just as good if not better in 2018 in the first year under Nagy.

Like I said before, Carr is not big enough of an upgrade to be paying $20M per year over Mitch.

4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Like I said before, Carr is not big enough of an upgrade to be paying $20M per year over Mitch.

That's assuming Mitch is capable of returning to his 2018 form though, isn't it? I'm not sure he can. Also, if we keep Mitch around, he's going to want a lot more money, regardless of how well he plays...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

That's assuming Mitch is capable of returning to his 2018 form though, isn't it? I'm not sure he can. Also, if we keep Mitch around, he's going to want a lot more money, regardless of how well he plays...

From a statistical perspective, Mitch's 2018 is on par with Carr's low-end outcomes. And if the Bears give him a contract extension, he'll be more expensive than Carr.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, abstract_thought said:

From a statistical perspective, Mitch's 2018 is on par with Carr's low-end outcomes. And if the Bears give him a contract extension, he'll be more expensive than Carr.

If the Bears give Trubiksy an extension I would hope people would be flocking to the #firepace movement.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I might give up on Chicago if he does that without a dramatic improvement. 

I saw Wannstadt give up the eleventh pick in the draft for Rick Mirer. 

I won't give up on Chicago. :) (But my sanity can certainly be questioned.) 

• Like 1

No. For about 5 good different reasons. Not that it matters because Carr isn't taking a bench job anywhere. 

On 2/2/2020 at 4:16 PM, beardown3231 said:

Why the hell would anyone say no?

Why would anyone say yes? 

I'll start with this. What offensive schemes has he played in, and how does that fit with nagy?

Edited by JustAnotherFan

6 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No. For about 5 good different reasons. Not that it matters because Carr isn't taking a bench job anywhere. 

Why would anyone say yes? 

I'll start with this. What offensive schemes has he played in, and how does that fit with nagy?

And I'll start and end with this: I watched Trubisky go from 101 to 201 in this offense last year and he was downright embarrassing at times. By no means do I think Carr is great (or even a top 8-12 QB like some others do on this board), but he's certainly a top 15-18 QB and that's several slots better than a top 28-32 QB.

The diehard fan in me says go out and improve the position & don't waste this defense. The realist in me says roll with the bum they have and ideally get a top 7 pick next year & let's start over again.

This will be one of the first offseasons of my life where I really will feel indifferent about what they do. Could be because they went from so much optimism to such a dud of a season, could also be because I'm becoming a father in the spring :D

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

And I'll start and end with this: I watched Trubisky go from 101 to 201 in this offense last year and he was downright embarrassing at times. By no means do I think Carr is great (or even a top 8-12 QB like some others do on this board), but he's certainly a top 15-18 QB and that's several slots better than a top 28-32 QB.

The diehard fan in me says go out and improve the position & don't waste this defense. The realist in me says roll with the bum they have and ideally get a top 7 pick next year & let's start over again.

This will be one of the first offseasons of my life where I really will feel indifferent about what they do. Could be because they went from so much optimism to such a dud of a season, could also be because I'm becoming a father in the spring :D

Congrats! Hopefully by the time future kid is able to have a favorite player the Bears will have the QB situation solved.