National TV Projections 2020

pf9

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea Ravens vs Washington isn't really a big deal, trust me. 

Every combination of Mahomes vs Watson vs Lamar needs to be in primetime. They all were AFC division champs so they should all play again.

Yeah we're gonna be on national TV a bunch next year is my guess, but not vs. Washington lol.

vs. KC - Lamar vs. Mahomes is as close to a primetime lock as you can get.

at NE is likely on national TV if Brady returns to the Pats.

Probably one primetime divisional matchup, against either the Browns or Steelers.

Could see us hosting Dallas as an appealing one for the networks too given the combined popularity of Lamar and the Cowboys. 

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:
3 hours ago, pf9 said:

Another season is over. And so now I bring you my wishlist for national TV games in 2020.

Week 1:
Kickoff game - New England at Kansas City
SNF - Baltimore at Washington
MNF - Cleveland at NY Jets, San Francisco VS. Seattle

This is your wish list? I think with the LA/Vegas stadiums opening up at that the NFL would at least incorporate one of those home games in week 1.

Yall are going to get Cowboys and Giants opening SNF and you are going to like it.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Yall are going to get Cowboys and Giants opening SNF and you are going to like it.

Is watching Dallas winning 41-7 really that interesting? I'm cool with NFC East games when both teams are really good, but I don't think anyone expects the Giants to be any better than 6-10.

1 minute ago, Hukos said:

Is watching Dallas winning 41-7 really that interesting? I'm cool with NFC East games when both teams are really good, but I don't think anyone expects the Giants to be any better than 6-10.

I was making a joke about the fact that Cowboys v Giants has been a prime time opener way to many times. 

18 hours ago, Hukos said:

Fair enough.

Cowboys/Eagles at least makes for some level of intrigue, because both have been swapping the division the past few years. Giants got nothing. They have zero business being on prime time tv in terms of team merit.

To boost ratings for New York market.   Giant fans will tune in just because the rest of the country is being forced to watch/tweet them.

On 2/3/2020 at 1:03 PM, LeotheLion said:

This is your wish list? I think with the LA/Vegas stadiums opening up at that the NFL would at least incorporate one of those home games in week 1. 

I agree, Las Vegas home opener is absolutely a marquee game the NFL is not going to Iet slip to a regular kick-off or a MNF game.

This only gets bigger if the Raiders land Tom Brady.

3 hours ago, Piquel said:

To boost ratings for New York market.

Oh I know that. But I said on merit, not for reasons outside of the Giants control. I just want prime time to have the best, most interesting matchups week to week, but market saturation gets in the way of that.

I would not be surprised if the Rams get the SNF week 1 at home and the Chargers get the MNF home game in week 1 (if that turnaround is possible) or much more likely in week 2.

Vegas will be week 2 SNF. No way it gets the spot over LA.

Edited by SkippyX

On 2/3/2020 at 5:07 PM, BaltimoreTerp said:

Yeah we're gonna be on national TV a bunch next year is my guess, but not vs. Washington lol.

vs. KC - Lamar vs. Mahomes is as close to a primetime lock as you can get.

at NE is likely on national TV if Brady returns to the Pats.

Probably one primetime divisional matchup, against either the Browns or Steelers.

Could see us hosting Dallas as an appealing one for the networks too given the combined popularity of Lamar and the Cowboys. 

I think the Ravens @ Eagles is maybe a possibility too for like a Thursday night game...maybe Monday night.
Easy storylines with the eagles trading the Ravens the pick used for Lamar + the organizational ties. 

But then again we always seem to play you guys at 1 o'clock.