Cardinals expected to release David Johnson

49erurtaza

33 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

So... what happened to him? He had the wrist stuff that ended his 2017, but don't see how that would derail his career. He's been struggling since 2018, when he was just 27 and had only accrued 551 pro touches... I don't think you can just chalk this up to wear and tear.

Was he actually good in 2018, but on an awful offense, and then in 2019 the real decline set in? Still seems a bit premature for simply wear and tear to be the cause. I feel like there has to be a specific injury at play here.

Got paid, injuries, soft in that order.  

On 2/6/2020 at 7:13 PM, drd23 said:

Which is why RBs who are projected to be highly drafted should leave college ASAP.  The older they are when it comes time for that second contract, the less likely it is that they'll get it a good one.

Agreed 100% You almost hope not to hear freshman phenom given to a college RB, he'll never get that 2nd contract

13 hours ago, Dome said:

I kinda think they should trade him :ph34r:

There is no circumstance where the Saints are allowed to move Kamara. I wasted portions of my life in that forsaken Comparisons thread, he's retiring a Saint or I'll flat out KILL people.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There is no circumstance where the Saints are allowed to move Kamara. I wasted portions of my life in that forsaken Comparisons thread, he's retiring a Saint or I'll flat out KILL people.

Saints fans completely turned on the guy over the past 6 months. It wasn’t that he was bad...it was that he looked like he couldn’t give a ****. 

22 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I can’t wait for him to get traded, some of the folks you debated with are certain to change their story

“Kamara is a good, not great, RB”

I wanna be there to watch 

Edited by Dome

10 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Saints fans completely turned on the guy over the past 6 months. It wasn’t that he was bad...it was that he looked like he couldn’t give a ****. 

I haven’t turned on him.... just looking at his value now vs the history of RBs on long term deals. I think he’s ideal as a slot WR that you can move to the backfield if you’re seeing 7-8 DBs on the field. If they’re not looking at him as a slot WR with the versatility to play some RB, I think they’re making a mistake paying him huge bucks.