Should the Cowboys TRADE Dak?

Uncle Buck

Should the Cowboys Trade Dak Prescott?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Cowboys Trade Dak Prescott?

• Yes! Trade him, improve other areas of the team and let MM develop a rookie.
    • No! He's a great quarterback and those are hard to find. Pay the man!

10 minutes ago, Danger said:
22 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Dak has the second worst receivers in the League behind only Josh  Allen. Allen's WRs drop 7.2% of his passes. Dak's WRs have a drop rate of 6.2%. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/passing_advanced.htm

Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Michael Gallup

or

Greg Ward, Robert Davis, Deontay Burnet/Nelson Agholor?

idk man I think I might have to go with the Cowboys on this one lol.

Second worse? Nah, dont agree with that. Second worse at reliably catching it? There is an argument. 

Eagles fans, stop talking about your WRs. Your QB doesnt throw to them. You guys need to find a way to get 5 TEs/RBs on the field all at once. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

It never ceases to ceases to amaze me how passionate Matts is on every Dak thread.

I don't blame Matts.  It seems like nobody ever has much good to say about Dak, but he is a very solid quarterback.  He's not "elite" in my book, but he is on a tier below the handful of elite guys like Mahomes and Russell with merely "very good QBs like Cousins, Stafford, Wentz, Rodgers, etc.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 6

No. He's more than good enough to win a championship with. Where the Cowboys messed up was paying Zeke. The Cowboys will just have to ride out some bad contracts in the interim.

I'm also assuming that it's extremely difficult to get a QB comparable to Dak, because a lot of FF posters are convinced that you can draft a dude in the 3rd round and he'll also be a star. I personally don't buy into that.

50 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I don't blame Matts.  It seems like nobody ever has much good to say about Dak, but he is a very solid quarterback.  He's not "elite" in my book, but he is on a tier below the handful of elite guys like Mahomes and Russell with merely "very good QBs like Cousins, Stafford, Wentz, Rodgers, etc.

How I feel about Dak is pretty much how I feel about Matt Ryan, ranges from good to very good, with occasionally being able to perform at elite levels for short periods of time. I think that's worth keeping around.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Hukos said:

No. He's more than good enough to win a championship with. Where the Cowboys messed up was paying Zeke. The Cowboys will just have to ride out some bad contracts in the interim.

I'm also assuming that it's extremely difficult to get a QB comparable to Dak, because a lot of FF posters are convinced that you can draft a dude in the 3rd round and he'll also be a star. I personally don't buy into that.

How I feel about Dak is pretty much how I feel about Matt Ryan, ranges from good to very good, with occasionally being able to perform at elite levels for short periods of time. I think that's worth keeping around.

You really are growing on me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Then why pay him elite QB money?

Hell no they shouldn’t trade him.

Great intangibles, accurate with the ball, very good arm strength, mobile and can pick up first downs with his legs if nothing’s there, not turnover prone but can push the ball down the field, and can lead your team to comebacks.

You pay that. You would literally be stupid to trade him.

35 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Then why pay him elite QB money?

It's not just QB that this sort of thing happens. Look at Corner for example.

If you're the next guy up, you get paid more. Just how it works. Supply and demand. good, but not quite great players, get paid like great players on the open market because great players don't hit the open market. You either pay your guy like a great player, or someone else will. QB or not, that's just how this league works. If also follows that it's due to the salary cap going up considerably each year, there's more money to go around with the same number of players to pay, so the pie is bigger, the percentage of the pie at the time the deal is signed is going to remain relatively the same.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

It never ceases to ceases to amaze me how passionate Matts is on every Dak thread.

I'm still trying to figure out which of Daks two brothers from the Chunky Soup Commercial,  Matt is? Going with the one that has No neck? See how he went after the Mic, had to be heard??🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

TBF, what other Cowboys player does anyone on FF.com talk about?

51 minutes ago, Danger said:

What's a WR?

Maybe if we had one, he could throw to them. Just saying lol.

in 2017, Eagles wide receivers accounted for 60% of the targets.

What about 2018? You had them that year right?

6 hours ago, Danger said:

Amari Cooper, Randall Cobb, Michael Gallup

or

Greg Ward, Robert Davis, Deontay Burnet/Nelson Agholor?

idk man I think I might have to go with the Cowboys on this one lol.

Did you see the stats? 

Cowboy WRs drop the ball 6.2 % of the time.

Eagles drop it 4.7% of the time.

Giants drop 3.8%.

7 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Did you see the stats? 

Cowboy WRs drop the ball 6.2 % of the time.

Eagles drop it 4.7% of the time.

Giants drop 3.8%.

Although drops are important, they arent the be-all-end-all of deciding if a WR is good. TO had stonehands and is one of the best of all time.