News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

21 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Will be interesting to see how quickly this gets done and how it's structured. I can see it being complex. 

Your move Dallas....

Imagine for a moment that Mahomes takes less to help the team keep talented players around him so he can win more Superbowls....

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

Imagine for a moment that Mahomes takes less to help the team keep talented players around him so he can win more Superbowls....

We will see. I have my doubts that it happens though. Would be great for Dallas.

2 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

I doubt it'll happen, but it would be great for us.

These absurdly bloated QB contracts are exactly why the CBA needs to be restructured to change how those albatross deals count against the cap. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I guess if you look at it from that perspective - although a new QB doesn't make it better and it could be significantly worse.

If that QB is the next Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady then it would make them worth it.

Actually Mccarthy is known for picking qbs plus we have McCray the all knowing. On top of that we have had a good streak of picking QBs even if we haven't had the coaching to develop some of them. That and so long as they aren't Jerry picks. 

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If that QB is the next Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady then it would make them worth it.

LMAO. Pipe dream over here. More likely Connor Cook, Paxton Lynch or Cooper Rush. 

Actually Mccarthy is known for picking qbs 

Same guy who picked Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers, right? Has McCarthy ever picked a single QB?

plus we have McCray the all knowing. On top of that we have had a good streak of picking QBs even if we haven't had the coaching to develop some of them.

Wrong. Every QB weve targeted since Aikman has been a bust. We lucked into Romo (due to Sean Payton) and Dak (due to our #1 and #2 choices being gone). 

That and so long as they aren't Jerry picks. 

But dont you always tell me that Jerry is responsible for every pick, ultimately? 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Actually Mccarthy is known for picking qbs plus we have McCray the all knowing. On top of that we have had a good streak of picking QBs even if we haven't had the coaching to develop some of them. That and so long as they aren't Jerry picks. 

My man. If you could promise me the next QB we get is a HOFer, then sure.

But that's not a realistic conversation. Dallas has been Stupid lucky that an UDFA is our statistical passing leader - and follow that up with a 4th round pick as it's starter. The only franchise I can think that has been luckier off the top of my head is NE getting the Goat in Round 6.