News and Notes: Offseason Edition

Matts4313

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

He got me

Wasted motion. A lot of it. Great show of change of direction, great show of using his head to fake the DB, but any position coach is going to have a headache trying to smooth out all that wasted motion at the hips. Slows a routes timing down, and keeps the receivers eyes out of the play for too long. Have to be smoother, have to be cleaner.

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Wasted motion. A lot of it. Great show of change of direction, great show of using his head to fake the DB, but any position coach is going to have a headache trying to smooth out all that wasted motion at the hips. Slows a routes timing down, and keeps the receivers eyes out of the play for too long. Have to be smoother, have to be cleaner.

If that's wasted motion, Dang I'd like to see what not wasted motion looks like...

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

If that's wasted motion, Dang I'd like to see what not wasted motion looks like...

Big difference between college route running and nfl route running, just as between HS and college. The game gets faster and faster, and any extra motion is wasted time. Any extra movement of the hips, foot, head, only slow your game down. 

If you watch Coop, he runs great routes, uses great head and hip and eye and even foot fakes, but he keeps his momentum forward the entire time. He only plants and cuts off the plant when the route calls for it. He pivots only to finish the separation, or to beat the press before it begins, but keeps driving forward the whole time. Any delay, any unneeded pivot, break, or miss use of the feet, or any turn of the hips that break your stride, throw off the very precise timing on a very fast field.

He will learn though. They all have to at some point!

On 5/22/2020 at 11:34 AM, flyingmonkey30 said:

I think something about Adams that can't be understated is the locker room impact he would have. Outside of maybe Lawrence, do we really have that Alpha in the locker room on defense? He would just bring a whole new attitude to the secondary on top of his obvious talent.

Thats another thing too. I doubt even just a secondary, I'd say the whole defense.

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That's what a great WR would say.

A great QB would say that it's his job to put the ball between the numbers even if there is a brick wall there. 

That extra accountability is what separates the good ones from the great ones. 

Edited by Calvert28
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That's what a great WR would say.

A great QB would say that it's his job to put the ball between the numbers even if there is a brick wall there. 

That extra accountability is what separates the good ones from the great ones. 

It is part lip service, but its also true. Some times its mandatory to throw high/low/whatever. WRs have to make the play. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It is part lip service, but its also true. Some times its mandatory to throw high/low/whatever. WRs have to make the play. 

You're right it is lip service, but you need leaders to be accountable to say, I'm the superstar, my job to go and make plays regardless.

There will always be times when you have to throw, high, low, behind. 

How many times did Romo "underthrow" Dez because Dez was superior than most CBs at playing the ball in the air, stopping and going up to go and get it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea I have no idea what happened from this year from the year before when it was borderline elite. 

They stopped caring about Garrett and Marinelli. Their messages were proven stale and they were proven incompetent as coaches, so the players responded in kind.