Browns T Greg Robinson in custody after drug possession arrest

RaidersAreOne

53 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

It depends on what sort of deal the AUSAs cut him. My best guess is that he sees 1.5 years to 3 years in federal prison. But his lack of criminal history (to my knowledge) could get him off with less.

Yeah my initial ignorant guess was 2 years but who knows maybe he gets lucky. I don't know what has changed since Morris was busted maybe he is looking at much more or similar but I don't think it will be anything close the the 20 year maximum that has been thrown out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah my initial ignorant guess was 2 years but who knows maybe he gets lucky. I don't know what has changed since Morris was busted maybe he is looking at much more or similar but I don't think it will be anything close the the 20 year maximum that has been thrown out.

Yeah, the maximum is the maximum. I've seen guys with ties to organized crime get five years for the same offense. Robinson isn't getting anything close to 20. 

EDIT: As for Morris, he wasn't dealt with federally. He got a slap on the wrist from the state of Texas. Robinson's crime is federal. That means a different statutory scheme.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, the maximum is the maximum. I've seen guys with ties to organized crime get five years for the same offense. Robinson isn't getting anything close to 20. 

EDIT: As for Morris, he wasn't dealt with federally. He got a slap on the wrist from the state of Texas. Robinson's crime is federal. That means a different statutory scheme.

While the amount of marijuana (over 100 kilos) would implicate the five year mandatory minimum (for possession with intent to distribute), odds are that they'll plead it down.

I asked a pothead friend how much weed that is in terms of money. They said between $200-$250k. They also said if you factor in personal use, that is like 75 years worth of weed if you smoked enough to keep you high 2 to 3 times a day. 

Thats crazy.

Edited by Matts4313

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I asked a pothead friend how much weed that is in terms of money. They said between $200-$250k. They also said if you factor in personal use, that is like 75 years worth of weed if you smoked enough to keep you high 2 to 3 times a day. 

Thats crazy.

yeah, but can you really trust finn?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

They also said if you factor in personal use, that is like 75 years worth of weed if you smoked enough to keep you high 2 to 3 times a day. 

Thats crazy.

I was surprised that using my own “guesstimation” on what a heavy smoker would smoke in a day that my calculations came out to about the same.

math checks out 

good job, finn

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 12:09 PM, NYJets4716 said:

Hes gonna face time. Hes looking at 20 years in federal prison. Hes gonna serve some time for sure. His NFL career is pretty much over.

Worst-case scenario, Greg goes before a hard-line judge, and he's given 10 more years in Cleveland!

"Aww, maaaaan!!"

NFL: Preseason-Cleveland Browns at Tampa Bay Buccaneers