Week 3 GDT: Seahawks (1-1) at Titans (1-1)

titans0021

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Davis out, Wallace having back surgery, and Murray is day-to-day ugh.

It's probably time to face the fact that we simply aren't allowed to have great receivers.

Anyways, Jimmy Graham didn't practice for Seattle. He's off to a real slow start this year, but I'd be real happy if he didn't have a chance to get on track against us.

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Seattle's o-line:

0iIrruQNTHmmKlEYFhYA4A.png

Odhiambo is graded 72nd out of 72 qualifying tackles. Glowinski is rated 67th out of 69 qualifying guards.

PFF grading jokes aside, how Seattle justifies putting this garbage in front of Russel Wilson is  beyond me. You've got one of the 4 or 5 best QBs in football and this is how you protect him...

If I own the Seahawks I'm telling Schneider he's either fixing the offensive line next off-season or he's getting fired. I don't care how good he's been at other spots on the roster, this is downright pathetic.Wilson isn't gonna make it much longer like this.

Except they've put quite a bit of draft capital into the OL during Pete's time there.

16 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

And their o-line scouting has failed horrendously. Time to get rid of their OL scouts and OL coach.

if we can go from a bottom 5 to top 5 offensive line in one offseason, seattle can certainly at least lift themselves out of the gutter.

25 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

And their o-line scouting has failed horrendously. Time to get rid of their OL scouts and OL coach.

My theory is that it's because they draft offensive linemen the same way that they draft defensive players. They've managed to turn some great athletes into great football players on the defensive side of the ball, but it just doesn't work the same on the OL. 

10 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Dodd doesn’t even play OLB In our scheme ??‍♂️ For the love of jellybeans we do not run a traditional 3-4 we run more of a hybrid 3-4, or 4-3under scheme. For instance Casey is not a traditional 5 tech DE in our scheme he’s a gap penetrating DT, which is why on the depth chart on the website it has Casey listed at DT Not DE. 

Dodd isn’t a rush OLB That’s orakpo position Dodd plays the elephant role at LB, his job is to play the run 1st by setting the edge & holding containment then rush.

where as orakpo job is to rush & drop into coverage. 

On passing downs like 2nd or 3rd in long or you’ll see him rush more vs play containment & just edge setting. Our defense is really design to free up our LBs at the 2nd level to make plays. We’re really missing a blitzing side line to side line LB That can play all 3 downs  to take this defense to the next level. All our LBs are interchangeable

And I'm not sure where you read anything in my post that would contradict that? I was saying that he doesn't need to be a traditional OLB in our scheme.... I'm not sure if you thought you were correcting me or what you were getting at. Many times in our nickel package we will be in what is basically a 2-4-5 even front, with both OLBs on the LOS, as opposed to the 3-3-5. Even if we were playing a traditional 3-4, if that remained our nickel package, we still would have a place for Dodd, seeing as we are in our base package less than 45 percent of the time.

It seems like they are trying to limit our front seven starters to playing about 70 percent of the snaps, even guys like Orakpo and Casey.

Many times Orakpo will play the joker and rush from numerous different places instead of just the edge as well.  Casey will often rush from the edge when we move Orakpo around.

11 hours ago, TitanSS said:

And I'm not sure where you read anything in my post that would contradict that? I was saying that he doesn't need to be a traditional OLB in our scheme.... I'm not sure if you thought you were correcting me or what you were getting at. Many times in our nickel package we will be in what is basically a 2-4-5 even front, with both OLBs on the LOS, as opposed to the 3-3-5. Even if we were playing a traditional 3-4, if that remained our nickel package, we still would have a place for Dodd, seeing as we are in our base package less than 45 percent of the time.

It seems like they are trying to limit our front seven starters to playing about 70 percent of the snaps, even guys like Orakpo and Casey.

Many times Orakpo will play the joker and rush from numerous different places instead of just the edge as well.  Casey will often rush from the edge when we move Orakpo around.

I see what your saying 

22 hours ago, titans0021 said:

My theory is that it's because they draft offensive linemen the same way that they draft defensive players. They've managed to turn some great athletes into great football players on the defensive side of the ball, but it just doesn't work the same on the OL. 

They got Luke Jokecl (sp) at OG from Jacksonville.  I was looking at BaldyBreakdowns on Twitter of the Seahawks, and I'll be disappointed if our D-Line doesn't control the line of scrimmage against them.  They look pretty bad.  

Wilson makes magic though. 

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Feels like this is one of those games where one aspect of our team (defensive front) should be dominating one of theirs (offensive line) but ends up not happening.

27-17 Seahawks.

I understand the feeling. We've played teams where they start two rookie corners and we can't pass the ball.  
But the Seahawks have scored 21 points in 2 weeks, and that was a struggle.  I truly hope we don't allow that offense to go off on us. 

Archived