Eagles LT Jason Peters will become a Free Agent

AFlaccoSeagulls

He's meh, and he's not going to get any better. Also the chances of him finishing the season are incredibly unlikely. If you want someone for 1 year, who may or may not finish the season at serviceable level, then he's a good grab. Otherwise, I'd look elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

He's not the same guy but he can still play and will improve some team's LT situation. Man is a legend. I wish him well, but time to start the Dillard era. 

I wanted Dillard over Bradbury, although Bradbury was my #2 on the want list. I hope both pan out well.

I'd love to see the Vikings get Peters but we're probably stuck with Reiff for another season unfortunately.

• Like 2

Succeed or fail, you have to admire GM Howie Roseman's foresight in trading up for Andre Dillard last year.  This really helps their cap situation and it allows Lane Johnson to stay at RT.    

Peters was a great LT in his prime, but man the wear and tear is catching up.  I know he'll be a popular name, but I wouldn't trust him to be playing in January next year.  That's a huge problem.  The market he gets will be fascinating to watch.

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He makes sense for Cleveland as a 1 year stop gap so we can develop somebody.

He'll only go there if the chances to win dry up.
He's got a year or two (though we've been saying that for like 6 years

He's looking for more rings, he wants one while he's playing and not just on the sideline.

3 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Seattle?? Or Bills?

I think the Pats if Brady comes back, Titans, or Packers could be places with OT needs he might try to go to.
If Seattle has a need they would work too. If the Chargers get a vet QB they are an option...but if that's the case they likely take an OT at #6.
Bears, Broncos and Browns are in that middling market where they could take a step or stay in the middle. Probably not his first choice.

I truly can't remember what his beef with Buffalo was, but he wanted the hell out of there.
If it was just FO, they've overturned multiple times up there.
They have a couple of ex-Eagles on the coaching staff...McDermott was here in Peters' first couple seasons, Chad Hall (WR) played with Peters.