2020 NFL Free Agency: Rumors and Reports

jetskid007

1 minute ago, xenajets said:

Gutted about this. Homegrown ascending player. Those of you on here who think it’s not a big loss I couldn’t disagree more with. Your making out like we have so many riches at WR. 

Please give me a positive spin on this? I truly mean that and not saying it to be sarcastic. 

Its not that we have riches at WR, its that he wasn't that great to begin with. He hurt Darnold at times more than he helped.  I would have brought him back only to be a 3rd option, with the idea of getting the #1 option in this draft. 

I think Crowder has always been a more consistent WR. We do  need at least 2 WRs now. If we can go sign Perriman that could be close to Anderson. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Its not that we have riches at WR, its that he wasn't that great to begin with. He hurt Darnold at times more than he helped.  I would have brought him back only to be a 3rd option, with the idea of getting the #1 option in this draft. 

I think Crowder has always been a more consistent WR. We do  need at least 2 WRs now. If we can go sign Perriman that could be close to Anderson. 

He was our best receiver; great wr or not he could take the top of a defense and tracked the ball amazingly well. Crowder in the slot was very consistent and I like him but he’s limited just like Jeremy Kerley was before him. 

I get it that this years draft will be great for wide receivers but we need to be increasing our talent level...adding a couple of rookies to a core of Anderson, Crowder and Enunwa would of been nice. As it happens we are now banking on Q staying healthy and our rookies performing day 1. 

Im all for patience and all that stuff people on here are asking for. At the same time I can voice my displeasure when I see the team make a move I didn’t like. 

The person getting lost in all this is Sam Darnold. It’s a kick in the face for him. Sorry Sam just lost your number one big play guy and someone you’ve developed chemistry with all for $10m a year. 

• Like 1

I don't view Robby going as  a huge loss.  Would it have been nice to have him back, yes, but at our price. He is at best a #2 guy.  

I am interested to see how JD will handle this.  Perhaps Cooks gets cut and we give him a 1 year prove it deal to prove he is healthy?

Either way, I would be in favor of taking advantage of this WR class.  Depending on our OL situation by the draft, would not be upset with Lamb or Jeudy.  I also like Jefferson if he is there at 48 - prob a long shot.  But I am sure we could find a good one at 48 either way. 

Just now, Abe56 said:

And of all places why would he got Carolina?  I get the Rhule connection, but Bridgewater’s playstyle is a checkdown QB, he rarely if ever throws deep balls

I think he saw the $20M and thinks Rhule can get the best out of him, which is a fair assumption seeing as the type of coach that he is and the familiarity

Definitely don't understand the Teddy connection though. He'll be a great mis-match against defenses with McCaffrey, Moore, and Samuel underneath

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xenajets said:

He was our best receiver; great wr or not he could take the top of a defense and tracked the ball amazingly well. Crowder in the slot was very consistent and I like him but he’s limited just like Jeremy Kerley was before him. 

I get it that this years draft will be great for wide receivers but we need to be increasing our talent level...adding a couple of rookies to a core of Anderson, Crowder and Enunwa would of been nice. As it happens we are now banking on Q staying healthy and our rookies performing day 1. 

Im all for patience and all that stuff people on here are asking for. At the same time I can voice my displeasure when I see the team make a move I didn’t like. 

The person getting lost in all this is Sam Darnold. It’s a kick in the face for him. Sorry Sam just lost your number one big play guy and someone you’ve developed chemistry with all for $10m a year. 

He was too inconsistent, hardly fought for the ball, didn't help his QB out much with making adjustments or  winning contested grabs. He had nice deep speed, but that was literally his only good quality. He did nothing else as a WR.  You can find other WRs that can run deep. Perriman can. 

Crowder could have had a 1,000 yards if Darnold never missed games. Hes a better WR than Kerley was.

This WR is gonna produce quite a few WRs who are better than Anderson and bring more to a team. Anderson would have been a nice 3rd option, but I'm not losing sleep just because he went elsewhere. 

Watch other WRs the way they can win contested grabs and bail out a QB, Anderson was the opposite. Hes a solid deep threat, but that was it and its why he would disappear often. And he was no Randy Moss at going deep either. 

Edited by NYJets4716

Robby was our best WR and now he's gone, that much is true, but he's better off in Carolina. He can't be the focal point of an offense; he's just not that type of a receiver. In Carolina, he'll have more 1v1 match-ups where he can take the top off defenses and won't be leaned on to run the more physical routes. With Darnold's terrible deep ball, and Gase's refusal to tailor his offense to his players, he's frankly wasted here in NY.

• Like 1