COVID-19: NFL tells employees to work from home

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Don't see how anyone with a brain and a conscience could have a problem with it. 

I think you've identified the problem...
Its really hard to grasp why anybody would be so heavily invested... in such a willfully ignorant position

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Im not saying theres anything wrong with self quarentine's, hell when im really sick and need to take off work I don't want people coming around me either. But you see the crap going on in the media where people are pulling knives on others for toilet paper. That is overreacting and you can't overstate that enough. 

Those are the morons. Don't judge the rest of us based on them. They'll be there acting just as dumb for the next big thing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

You are not doing well with this. It is very serious - more serious than the flu. The symptoms are the same but the morbidity rate is orders of magnitude higher. Dealing with something like this requires drastic measures, which most of the sports leagues have taken today. If you choose to take a politician's statements out of context and interpret them outlandishly, that's on you.

Lmao no it isn't. Not yet at least and it's had 4 months to work it's way through the population already. Influenza season has a 5-7 month spread span and it generally kills up to half a million people world wide by that time. The mortality rate so far with CV is around 4900. The awareness is already out there and the preventative measures to combat it are working. Going crazy and crying as if it's going to bring an end to our world is just being silly. 

And I didn't take anything out of context. Bernie said specifically it was "on a scale of major war".

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lmao no it isn't. Not yet at least and it's had 4 months to work it's way through the population already. Influenza season has a 5-7 month spread span and it generally kills up to half a million people world wide by that time. The mortality rate so far with CV is around 4900. The awareness is already out there and the preventative measures to combat it are working. Going crazy and crying as if it's going to bring an end to our world is just being silly. 

And I didn't take anything out of context. Bernie said specifically it was "on a scale of major war".

I'm not sure you understand "rate". It is not quantity.

Please cite a source that says preventative measures are working. You are making things up and spreading bad information. 

Edited by JDBrocks
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Those are the morons. Don't judge the rest of us based on them. They'll be there acting just as dumb for the next big thing.

can someone explain the  toilet paper thing to me. why do people think buyimg charmin in bulk is essential?

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

I'm not sure you understand "rate". It is not quantity.

When you are dealing with virus's and diseases it's all about the quantity. That's what the hysteria is over is how many people this is infecting. But if the numbers aren't there to support the panic then saying it is more deadly then the flu when the flu has already killed more people is not an accurate description of it's threat and is overrating it. 

11 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I'm saying the panic right now is far worse then this virus is. People panicking is not being responsible and will lead to other problems rather then making rational choices that have already proven to work for countless other infections. The first reported cases of this virus was back in December, it's March now and the flu has already passed this in terms of severe cases. The panic reaction to this is uncalled for when we have good practices to deal with it as we know it right now until we learn more.

No I'm not seriously stop giving into panic.

And what circumstances would those be? We don't even fully understand how it spreads yet.

I'm not saying theres anything wrong with self quarentine's, hell when im really sick and need to take off work I don't want people coming around me either. But you see the crap going on in the media where people are pulling knives on others for toilet paper. That is overreacting and you can't overstate that enough. 

Kind of twisting this around now to still prove some kind of point I feel like, even though none of us know what that point is... perhaps not even you. Just a point has to be proven for you. 

However, what @Packerraymond said was if the Virus infected as many people as the flu did, this would kill 560,000 people. That’s math. And it’s factual. Hopefully it doesn’t infect as many people as the Flu with all the precautions being taken. That’s the whole point. 

At first, you threw out “total” numbers which makes zero sense. Percentages are what matter and the virus is barely beginning. 

There is no mass hysteria, just because you watched Toilet Paper videos on the news. People and Businesses are just taking as many precautions as possible. Personally I’d avoid crowds of 30 or more. If you work in a social environment, you are most likely getting it at some point. I’ve accepted my fate, however I’m only 31 and should be able to handle it. It’s the elderly around me that I could give it to that I’m worried about. You will pass it on long before you have symptoms. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

When you are dealing with virus's and diseases it's all about the quantity. That's what the hysteria is over is how many people this is infecting. But if the numbers aren't there to support the panic then saying it is more deadly then the flu when the flu has already killed more people is not an accurate description of it's threat and is overrating it. 

Thanks Dr. Calvert28. I'll take your expert opinion under advisement.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

can someone explain the  toilet paper thing to me. why do people think buyimg charmin in bulk is essential?

My guess is because they're worried there will be closures, quarantines, etc. and don't want to get stuck without it.

41 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

flattening_the_curve_final.jpg

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Kind of twisting this around now to still prove some kind of point I feel like, even though none of us know what that point is... perhaps not even you. Just a point has to be proven for you. 

I'll just take this as you not reading anything i've said.

However, what @Packerraymond said was if the Virus infected as many people as the flu did, this would kill 560,000 people. That’s math. And it’s factual. Hopefully it doesn’t infect as many people as the Flu with all the precautions being taken. That’s the whole point. 

Lmao No it's not. I would say it's mathematical and factual that a gunshot wound to the head has a 99.9%mortality rate but that doesn't mean everyone in the world is just gonna be shot in the head any time soon. You're guessing at what's going to happen now and thats just paranoia. 

Ebola has a mortality rate of 90%, HIV is still at 85 to 90% and is still very much a thing here in the US. CV has a mortality rate of about of about 3.5% and doesn't come remotely close to comparing with the Birdflu or other types of Influenza. The only real danger we've seen from this disease so far is how silently it spreads. That is by far the most dangerous thing we've seen from it yet and it has still yet delivered on the cataclysmic life changing death toll's we've heard it was going to deliver.

At first, you threw out “total” numbers which makes zero sense. Percentages are what matter and the virus is barely beginning. 

There is no mass hysteria, just because you watched Toilet Paper videos on the news. People and Businesses are just taking as many precautions as possible. Personally I’d avoid crowds of 30 or more. If you work in a social environment, you are most likely getting it at some point. I’ve accepted my fate, however I’m only 31 and should be able to handle it. It’s the elderly around me that I could give it to that I’m worried about. You will pass it on long before you have symptoms. 

Again go look up the mortality rate. You're percentage argument is nuts, there are far more deadly disease's out there. 

Oh really? It's barely beginning? Since you want to throw out what if's let me pose one to you. What if CV dissipates by summer because it can't live in the warm weather as a few doctor's have suggested? They think the pandemic could subside by July, what "if" that happens? Do I or they know it's going to subside? No we don't, just like we don't know if it's going to spread like pink eye in a mass orgy. 

43 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Honestly, best I can tell, it started with stupid people in a panic. Which then led to a concern of shortages, so then the calmer crowd also kind of has to panic buy out of fear of not even having access to normal toilet paper quantities.

Like, personally, toilet paper is incredibly low on the list of panic buys if I thought there'd be a quarantine situation. But, since everyone was buying out stores, I now have to be concerned of if it's there for just my normal life. So I now have one more pack than I normally would. Just because.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

That's what the hysteria is over is how many people this is infecting.

No its how many it could. It spreads so easily and therefore quickly, it is why there are extremes when it comes to preventative measures. It has potential to hit those quantities you keep talking about but the object is to PREVENT that from happening, hence the Preventative measures. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

flattening_the_curve_final.jpg

Whelp it's the end of the world as you know it then. Might as well go hide under a desk and wait for it to come for you.

As for me and most others extra precaution and not doing anything stupid should be enough until they find a treatment. For the rest of the people I guess just panic away i guess.

You should go read up on the SPanish Flu, interesting read.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Whelp it's the end of the world as you know it then. Might as well go hide under a desk and wait for it to come for you.

As for me and most others extra precaution and not doing anything stupid should be enough until they find a treatment. For the rest of the people I guess just panic away i guess.

You should go read up on the SPanish Flu, interesting read.

What?