Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

8 minutes ago, August4th said:

why are people panic buying tho? no one has said grocery stores will be closing. putting yourself at risk being in a big crowd buying stuff that will be available during any lockdown.

People tend to be irrational when panicking.

10 minutes ago, August4th said:

why are people panic buying tho? no one has said grocery stores will be closing. putting yourself at risk being in a big crowd buying stuff that will be available during any lockdown.

Psychologically speaking, people like to feel in control of their own life. A virus ravaging communities takes away the idea that we actually have control. So people turn to controlling what they can; they overbuy everything they think they might need, so at least they’ve created security and control over *something*.

It’s also a good idea to just have two weeks worth of stuff on hand in case you need to self-quarantine. One woman in South Korea—because she didn’t listen to her doctor—is likely responsible for 80 percent of all cases in South Korea. Just...don’t let yourself be that lady.

Edited by pwny

@pwny that is the woman I was telling fourthree about. It's why trying to use 'current statistics' is futile. She went to one church service (that she normally wouldn't go to) and 2400 people got infected. Thats absurd 

15 minutes ago, August4th said:

One Store.  One person on their staff gets sick and anyone who worked with them gets quarantined and the store shut down to get professionally clean. And they may not have enough staff (at that store and other locations) to reopen for quite some time. Imagine that happening to every other grocery store during this time, if not more. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, N4L said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/coronavirus-updates-cases-fears-deaths-us-latest-2020-03-16/

@FourThreeMafia 

Death toll just doubled in one day 

"I just hate people who give stats with no context" 

Here is some context for you - the people that died today got it 2-6 weeks ago. Since that time thousands of other people got it 

C'mon man, are you just trying to pick a fight?

I mean, thank you for posting the info, but it doesn't have to be so confrontational. 

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

One Store.  One person on their staff gets sick and anyone who worked with them gets quarantined and the store shut down to get professionally clean. And they may not have enough staff (at that store and other locations) to reopen for quite some time. Imagine that happening to every other grocery store during this time, if not more. 

that's interesting. I did not think about that and it will most likely happen to some stores..oh boy

23 minutes ago, August4th said:

The less food you have/buy, the more often you need to go out and restock. That's more chances of getting/spreading the virus.

While I think some people are going completely overboard, FEMA and others have always recommended to have at least 2 weeks of food on hand.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, N4L said:

@pwny that is the woman I was telling fourthree about. It's why trying to use 'current statistics' is futile. She went to one church service (that she normally wouldn't go to) and 2400 people got infected. Thats absurd 

Tbf the shincheonji sect/cult forces their church goers to go to church regardless, puts them in confined spaces, wont let them use masks.  Iirc the leader may be facing criminal charges

This girl I work with (who I have worked side-by-side with all week / been in her car / shared a vape with) is convinced she has the virus.
Apparently she called into work today, says she has a multitude of symptoms, and is waiting to hear back from the store director about how to proceed with her schedule, etc.

I don't think she has it. But we do work at a grocery store. So if she has it there is a good chance that I have it. So maybe RIP Nazgul.
It's been a fun ride guys. Except all of you who stole my FF Big Brother title from me (3 times!).**** those FFBB Jury members. The rest of you are cool(ish).