Hopkins traded from Texans to Arizona

The Gnat

6 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

honestly though, maybe i'm overreacting, but it's very difficult for me to think of a worse trade in recent history. good god. like i'm a fan of a rival team and i can barely even feel schadenfreude, it's that bad.

It is worse than the Colts trading a 1st for Trent Richardson.  At least the Colts had reason to think Richardson might be a good player. 

How the hell do you give up Hopkins for Johnson and a 2nd?  Not like you’re saving much considering Johnson’s contract.  Inexcusable.  I would lose my ish if that was my team, because it’s impossible to defend it. 

Hopkins is only 27 too!! How do you get rid of an elite offensive player at 27 for so little return? 

3 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

I use to think BoB wasn’t that bad. I will definitely admit I was wrong 

I think we're at a point where we have to question if BOB has officially surpassed McDaniels as the worst branch of the Belichick tree to ever get a HC hire?

• Like 4

Just now, -Hope- said:

if they actually choose dumping a bunch of money on cooper over just extending hopkins they are even dumber than i dreamed possible

Hopkins is way better than Amari IMO, but at least with some type of deal like this, things would look up a little bit.

Okay well, that makes more sense.  Hopkins didn't get along with the coach and wasn't happy with his deal.  I was just trying to figure out why he was even traded in the first place.

Oh well, now Seattle has to play against Hopkins twice a year.  Great.

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

if they actually choose dumping a bunch of money on cooper over just extending hopkins they are even dumber than i dreamed possible

seriously, amari has drop issues, our entire offense ASIDE from Stills has drop issues. Hopkins was a fast, elite, route running wideout that was in contention for the most reliable hands in football, you could throw it up and you knew there was a majority chance he'd catch it, now Watson has to work overtime with this horrible playbook and these glass receivers.