BoB: Is he the worst GM ever?

BayRaider

No. I still think Joe Thomas' tenure as 49ers GM was the worst in NFL history arguably. Of course that was the late 1970's. Team GMs have access to way more resources compared to 40 years ago. They also have history on their side with examples of what not to do. O'Brien is a bad coach and GM, but I don't think he has acquired the crown of worst GM ever. Al Davis in his later stages was making terrible decisions for the Raiders, and Matt Millen was a cancer for the Lions for years. That was all within the last 20 years. 

Edited by PapaShogun

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

We know he ‘s a bad HC, probably Bottom 12-14 in the league, although the worst situational HC in the league by far. However, with his trade of Hopkins, one of the worst trades I’ve ever seen (with his horrible trades last off season as well), is he the worst GM we’ve ever seen?

Yes.

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

@ET80 deserves better. 

No.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Ryan Grigson traded a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson and made some extremely headscratching moves that you could argue lead to the ending of Andrew Luck's career.

Yeah, Grigson was really bad.

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Mike Lynn traded 20 or so players/draft picks for Herschel Walker. This led to the Cowboys winning 3 Super Bowls and their fans calling themselves Dem Boys.

Bob Lustig was the GM of the Buffalo Bills when they drafted OJ Simpson. Of course, after drafting OJ Simpson he went on to kill his girlfriend, which introduced the world to the Kardashians and so in conclusion Bob Lustig is the worst GM of all time.

• Like 3