Panthers signing QB Teddy Bridgewater (3 years, $60 M)

RaidersAreOne

If he plays like he did in NOLA, he will be a nice, average, stopgap solution to their next QB. But he won't have our OL or Mike Thomas anymore. I think it's just a weird move for Carolina as a rebuilding team.

They could stop stealing from Louisiana though. Joe Brady hit harder than this one. 

Wish Teddy would have signed with a team outside of the NFC South, but good for him anyway can't help but be happy for the guy. Been one of his biggest supporters among Saints fans on here. He definitely deserved to go somewhere where he could be a starting QB. Teddy should be a quality starting QB option for them going forward. He likely won't ever be a top 5 type QB, but could see him develop into a top 10/top 15 type QB. Last year with the Saints you could see him evolve as a passer in our offense as the season went on. The first few games he was playing pretty conservatively with a lot of short passes/checkdowns, but seemed to gain confidence as he played more and really started to flash some of the arm talent that had people so excited when he was coming in the league. It's still a small sample size, but with guys like McCaffrey/DJ Moore to throw to, I could see him continuing to improve as a QB with the Panthers.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Drained said:

Anyone wanna tell me why they let go of Cam then go someone who was effectively worse than Cam? lol

He's the bridge to a QB we'll draft. They were open to Cam playing 2020, but he demanded an extension. I called it ages ago. If he demands an extension to play, he's gone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cypher said:

He's the bridge to a QB we'll draft. They were open to Cam playing 2020, but he demanded an extension. I called it ages ago. If he demands an extension to play, he's gone.

Yeah I get that and it makes sense but to give Teddy Bridgewater THAT much for THREE years, it doesn't feel like a bridge to a draft, especially cause Teddy Bridgewater is also pretty injury prone.

Edited by Drained

2 minutes ago, Drained said:

Yeah I get that and it makes sense but to give Teddy Bridgewater THAT much for THREE years, it doesn't feel like a bridge to a draft, especially cause Teddy Bridgewater is also pretty injury prone.

I imagine it's structured so we can get out of year 2 or 3. Cam's camp wanted a five year deal which was NEVER going to happen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Indy should have done this rather than bet on an ancient and mostly busted Rivers tbqh

Agree. No clue what Indy are doing. I guess they didn’t wanna give Teddy that long of a deal I guess. That’s the only reason I figure

Edited by Kip Smithers

12 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Indy should have done this rather than bet on an ancient and mostly busted Rivers tbqh

Going to disagree about the ancient and mostly busted part. What happened last year was going to happen to a lot of other good QBs. Brees wouldn't have done any better with what happened in LA.

12 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

Anyone whose watched Cam in the last two seasons knows he's a rotting corpse, unfortunately....

The number of trade rumors surrounding him since last season has been wild. I have no idea how people can still see him stepping on a football field next year. Loved the guy to death when he was in his prime but man, it's time to let go.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

Teddy can be the long term starter there

he can be a pro bowler if he stays healthy

in that offense he can get the job done with a stud defense 

Our defense is almost certainly the least talented in the NFL.  It was one of the worst run defenses of the last 20 years in 2019, and since then we’ve lost Bradberry, McCoy, Butler, Addison, Irvin, and Kuechly.  

This is gonna be a brutal season.  And with a first time NFL DC?  I think we’ll give up 30 PPG.  

• Like 1