Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

There's a good site for Rams stuff that's in relative infancy right now.  Quality writers are abandoning the SB Nation ship like rats afraid of getting drowned right now.  I kind of feel bad for Kyle Posey (another guy I know and who was getting some of my stuff published when I had the free time to actually write it - read: "Before LBC had kids") because he just got an SB Nation editorship last year and now that cluster is just a mess - even if he's still churning out quality content.

What site is that?

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

From an outsiders perspective - 

There were a ton of borderline obnoxious Rams threads/comments in this forum just a few short years ago...

Jared Goff = Peyton Manning, Gurley’s medicals are fine, Sean McVay is a modern day Nikola Tesla, every seemingly outrageous $ signing = our organization is next level when it comes to cap we’ll be just fine, etc.

Some people are acting pompous about it, sure, but now that what a lot of non-Rams fans got called “haters” for the past few offseasons is coming to fruition, going into full “stop kicking us while we’re down” mode almost immediately seems a little weak tbh

All of that is still true, except for Gurley's medicals. In fact, Jared Goff being Peyton Manning may have been an understatement. Peyton Manning with Tom Brady's playoff success will end up being more accurate.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

What site is that?

All of that is still true, except for Gurley's medicals. In fact, Jared Goff being Peyton Manning may have been an understatement. Peyton Manning with Tom Brady's playoff success will end up being more accurate.

Right after Bradford takes the league by storm.

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

There were a ton of borderline obnoxious Rams threads/comments in this forum just a few short years ago...

Jared Goff = Peyton Manning, Gurley’s medicals are fine, Sean McVay is a modern day Nikola Tesla, every seemingly outrageous $ signing = our organization is next level when it comes to cap we’ll be just fine, etc.

Some people are acting pompous about it, sure, but now that what a lot of non-Rams fans got called “haters” for the past few offseasons is coming to fruition, going into full “stop kicking us while we’re down” mode almost immediately seems a little weak tbh

How many of those obnxious threads were started by Rams fans?  Or by more than one or two specific Rams fans?

I don't recall seeing any comparison made between Goff and Manning except that that was the comp that @jrry32 was making to him in his pre-draft analysis... before we drafted him and even before we'd even traded up for the #1 pick to draft him.  Jrry loved Goff as a prospect.  I don't recall seeing anyone since then saying "Goff = Manning."  Not even Rammy, and if people are still taking a majority of what Rammy says as being gospel and not openly-admitted homer-tinge, they're about as self-aware as a pet rock.

The Eagles fans we expect it from because there's the obvious Goff/Wentz, McVay/Doug stuff that we'll probably be tied to each other with for the life of their respective careers.  But it's kind of funny how I don't see a lot of the same fans of these other teams finding near the sheer joy (or frequency) in needling Eagles fans who make similar pompous statements.  Niners fans that do this quite a ton now.  Chiefs fans (yes, they just won the Super Bowl, but go have a look at the last two years that lead up to it of posts from a strong contingent of Chiefs fans)...  If you're expecting us to eat our hypocrisy, it'd probably do good to take a look in the mirror as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

What site is that?

25 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Most teams cannot predict future injuries. It would be like asking why the Redskins traded all those picks for 1 year of RG3. 

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You can't control injuries. If Gurley is healthy, he plays out the contract. Crap happens.

Wasn't his degenerative knee issue known before the draft?

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Right after Bradford takes the league by storm.

Already did in Minnesota. But alas, the football gods would not allow it to last.

3 minutes ago, The LBC said:

How many of those obnxious threads were started by Rams fans?  Or by more than one or two specific Rams fans?

I don't recall seeing any comparison made between Goff and Manning except that that was the comp that @jrry32 was making to him in his pre-draft analysis... before we drafted him and even before we'd even traded up for the #1 pick to draft him.  Jrry loved Goff as a prospect.  I don't recall seeing anyone since then saying "Goff = Manning."  Not even Rammy, and if people are still taking a majority of what Rammy says as being gospel and not openly-admitted homer-tinge, they're about as self-aware as a pet rock.

The Eagles fans we expect it from because there's the obvious Goff/Wentz, McVay/Doug stuff that we'll probably be tied to each other with for the life of their respective careers.  But it's kind of funny how I don't see a lot of the same fans of these other teams finding near the sheer joy (or frequency) in needling Eagles fans who make similar pompous statements.  Niners fans that do this quite a ton now.  Chiefs fans (yes, they just won the Super Bowl, but go have a look at the last two years that lead up to it of posts from a strong contingent of Chiefs fans)...  If you're expecting us to eat our hypocrisy, it'd probably do good to take a look in the mirror as well.

I compared Goff and Manning's numbers over their second through fourth seasons to make the point that having a down year is no big deal.

38 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Seems like Fowler was double-teamed at a much higher rate than Floyd was, tbh.  And Fowler still feasted compared to Floyd.

Mack Forces guys to step into the pocket. Making it harder to get the sack on their own. 
Donald makes it so the QB steps out the pocket making it easier for the DE to get the sack. It’s why and how Fowler and Clay feasted on sacks.. I don’t think Floyd is the answer by any means! I think he’ll be a 5-8 sack guy tbh.. But there is a bit of upside.. And that’s all we need to either keep him or get a sick comp pick.. Les has been a fiend for Comp picks. 

32 minutes ago, N4L said:

I think that's a bad idea for him. He should be thinking about extending his career, considering his knees. 

I can see why he would want to take a 1 year prove it deal and get some bulk stats though, that does make sense. 

All about the benjamin's 

That is true, but then if you restructure someone else to create cap, you increase their cap hit in subsequent years, and you have less flexibility down the road. By not restructuring someone else, you keep that as an option should the need to create cap for a separate move later. So, its better to use the tools at your disposal now, rather than not use them. don't fire all of your bullets right now, so to speak

I see no benefit to not using june 1st designation if you are just going to try and create space elsewhere.

I have a finance degree. This type of accounting is fun to me :D

I like this tbh. So was up! Y’all gonna go 6-10 next year fo sho. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How do you allow yourself, as a team, to give him that contract and then just outright release him like 2 years later because the contract was so bad? Just seems like wildly incompetent money management.

As an aside, Todd Gurley shot up to stardom then crashed back down to reality faster than almost any RB I've seen.

You should know as a die hard Seahawks fan! The story of one Shaun Alexander. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Gotta admit, don't read through the NFL Gen/Comparison forums that much. Had no idea there was this situation with Rams fans. Makes more sense now.