Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I have ALWAYS taken lots of Vitamin C.  By always I mean I’ve been doing this for literally ten years.  Now Vitamin C was completely empty at my Walmart.  Completely empty.  My Walgreens had 4 things of it left.  I bought one chewable type and one pill type.  I don’t feel bad for that because normally I buy it in bulk and I would have purchased probably 8 of each. Hopefully this lasts at my regular pace until supply chains can catch up.

I have some Vitamin D for you if you need some.

34 minutes ago, mission27 said:

I agree.  What makes US tricky is that we are such a large country, with no borders between regions, and different places will have peaks at different times.  It may be hard to resume life as normal in say NYC after things get under control there in May if a place like Florida is just peaking.  Would we quarantine off the hotspots that lag behind, could we open up normal air travel and international borders?  But we'll have to see what other hotspots develop.  Hopefully everything is trending down by May.  We'll see.

You'll have peaks across the country and different time, we've just been told it'll be six months in the UK before things return to 'normal' - peak two or three weeks away.

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I imagine Pope Francis is under strict quarantine at this point, and limiting who has contact with him and in what capacity.  Not just out of concern for him personally, but if he were to get sick and pass, it would also be an unprecedented time for an election of a new pope.  The church politics surrounding that, and how it would be done, would be interesting to say the least.  Let's hope we don't get there.  

I cant even imagine how people would react to that and he's not in the best health with his lungs.  Theyve really gotta keep him protected.  

20 minutes ago, Blahstoise said:

You'll have peaks across the country and different time, we've just been told it'll be six months in the UK before things return to 'normal' - peak two or three weeks away.

Yeah and tbh given 6 months from now is late September and we might be headed towards another huge seasonal wave, I dont think things will truly be 'normal' until maybe 12 months from now

My hope is the most extreme measures like shelter in place, shutting down restaurants, and closed borders will be lifted in 1.5-2 months and we'll keep the less oppressive measures like no large gatherings, cruise ships, and precautions for the elderly longer

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/man-coronavirus-quarantine-runs-street-21773158

So it really is going to turn into the zombie apocalypse.  Naked man runs into street, bites woman to death.  First confirmed zombie case.  It’s all over.  

India? Tamil Nadu? Man, stuff like that happens on a random Tuesday afternoon, pandemic or not. 

Nothing to see here.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pwny said:

Certainly a far cry from the 2.2 million deaths in America that the Doom and gloom crowd had said early on.

Although to be fair I think that was their projection if no steps were taken to slow it down.

Edited by rob_shadows

This is all surreal. The people still gathering in crowds need to be prosecuted, just a disposable act. I feel bad going to the grocery store to pick up food and people are out having parties. It really is disgusting.

For the first time in my life as a 26 year old i don’t have a job and am not going to school. I’m going crazy. Collecting unemployment is brand new to me, and apparently we are getting an extra 600$ a week? Is that retro to when i was furloughed or how does that work? If anyone knows 

• Like 1