Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'll just buy a solar generator and then buy a normal-priced freezer and be a little less stupid than ET. 

I have a Whole Home Generator already attached to my house - run on natural gas and I can bounce between the two with a few flips of a switch. Next up is solar panels, but we're about a year out on that.

I'm also all in on the pirate thing, so need an excuse for that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I have a Whole Home Generator already attached to my house - run on natural gas and I can bounce between the two with a few flips of a switch. Next up is solar panels, but we're about a year out on that.

I need to have an electrician look at mine.  My generator is supposed to power the essentials, but the switch only supplies power to the fridge circuit.  It's also supposed to power the water pump, and a few select lights.  But none of those work, for some reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Jameis is ripped now.

He went to the pro bowl his rookie year and realized he was the only chubby QB there. So he fixed it.

jameis-winston-bae8e50849f7f16c09ff1ca1f

This will be my mental image of Jameis, now and forever. Don't try and ruin it

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, theJ said:

I need to have an electrician look at mine.  My generator is supposed to power the essentials, but the switch only supplies power to the fridge circuit.  It's also supposed to power the water pump, and a few select lights.  But none of those work, for some reason.

... wanna be a pirate with me if it doesn't get fixed?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Inflation is an interesting and complex subject.  I'm sure the Fed is watching it like a hawk.

Ultimately i'm not going to worry about it, because if it does turn out to happen, the $1000 you spend on a "thing" won't really matter because you'll be doing everything you can just to buy bread.  There's really nothing you can do ahead of time to prepare yourself for it other than to plant a giant sustainable garden and learn how to hunt.

Buying $1000 worth of bread trees when I get it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I signed up for a vaccine trial at my hospital. They're going to test for an immune response. I haven't been selected yet, so it's not a guarantee I'll even get it. I'm honestly around so many vulnerable people where I work that I want so bad to build some immunity from this virus. Any questions I should ask before accepting? It's at the University of Rochester, which has a very reputable research program. 

Every legit trial has to be reviewed by an independent ethics committee dedicated to your safety and well-being. They'll ask you screening questions about your current health and health history and they'll have you read and accept " Informed Consent" form which is written in plain English, describes the potential risks and was also reviewed and accepted by the ethics crew. ( Called an Institutional Review Board,  IRB ).

Good luck and I hope you get in

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Every legit trial has to be reviewed by an independent ethics committee dedicated to your safety and well-being. They'll ask you screening questions about your current health and health history and they'll have you read and accept " Informed Consent" form which is written in plain English, describes the potential risks and was also reviewed and accepted by the ethics crew. ( Called an Institutional Review Board,  IRB ).

Good luck and I hope you get in

Fun fact - my company designed and implemented their IRB review process. Can confirm that Rochester's review process is very detailed.

• Like 1

So if reports of antibodies only lasting weeks to a couple months are true, how would any vaccine solve this?  Don’t know if this has been discussed in here or not.

I am not a scientist.  Explain it to me how you would explain it to a dumb child.

40 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So if reports of antibodies only lasting weeks to a couple months are true, how would any vaccine solve this?  Don’t know if this has been discussed in here or not.

I am not a scientist.  Explain it to me how you would explain it to a dumb child.

You would need a booster, similar to how a tetanus shot is only good for a decade.  It's been a long time since I've looked at immunology but just because natural antibodies are only seen after a few months that doesn't mean the same will be true of those generated by a vaccine.

• Like 1

LA and SD County are planning on going online in the fall as of this time. They are hoping to return to in person class eventually.

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/local-news/online-only-san-diego-city-schools-will-not-hold-in-person-classes-to-start-year

San Diego Unified was joined by Los Angeles Unified in the decision, making the two largest school districts in the state online-only for at least the beginning of the academic year. In the statement, the districts acknowledged that schools have successfully reopened in some parts of the world, but said the conditions are different locally.

“One fact is clear — those countries that have managed to safely reopen schools have done so with declining infection rates and on-demand testing available. California has neither,” according to the statement. “The skyrocketing infection rates of the past few weeks make it clear the pandemic is not under control.”

38 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Sucks for my friend who is a hair stylist. Not sure if hairdressers and barbershops are as dangerous if it’s only client at a time with both wearing masks. But I guess he had no other options.