Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Free:

Child deaths from covid-19 remain remarkably low eight months into U.S. pandemic

As the United States’ covid-19 death toll moves relentlessly beyond 200,000, data shows that only about 100 children and teenagers have died of the disease, a fatality rate that is drawing wonder from clinicians and increasing interest among researchers hoping to understand why.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/covid-children-deaths/2020/09/25/9df39bf4-fdad-11ea-8d05-9beaaa91c71f_story.html

Not free:

‘People are just being dishonest’: Parents are sending coronavirus-infected kids to school, Wisconsin officials warn

As authorities in suburban Milwaukee gamed out the complex preparations to allow children back into classrooms amid the coronavirus pandemic, they didn’t plan for one scenario: parents deliberately sending infected kids to school.   When you have parents lying to contact tracers, refusing to get kids tested, that’s just beyond the pale,” said Washington County Board member Don Kriefall, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported. “That becomes very problematic for the health department to manage this whole situation. The hammer may have to be dropped.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/24/covid-parents-school-wisconsin/?utm_campaign=wp_for_you&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&wpisrc=nl_personalizedforyou

40 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I've said to much on here.  Now I am getting calls to get a back brace

I mean I can attest that back problems are no joke as well. I threw mine out 7 years ago and had spasms w/ it. Unquestionably the worst pain I've ever been in my entire life. This is when I got introduced to Prednisone and I was right after about 4 days..... after a week of agonizing pain that wouldn't go away. That stuff made me eat like a damn horse though! I think my scan diagnosed two herniated discs and one slipped. Can't remember though.

Point of my ramblings: Take care of your damn back. Don't try to lift really, really heavy lawnmowers by yourself........... common sense, I know, but it didn't seem that heavy loading it into my car lol.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Here's a thought. Don't resist and comply with an officer. She became belligerent, antagonistic, and those are the rules. It's quite simple. If you want to watch a football game here in OH, you have to wear a mask; it's literally the law. OHSAA and local health has the authority to shut down events, games, and SEASONS for those not in compliance, including fans. We can argue about whether or not it's justified, but that's the way that it is. I'm tired of dealing with parents who refuse to comply when my 98 players on our roster and our entire coaching staff all comply and abide by the rules.

If you don't wear a shirt or shoes, you get removed from a restaurant if you don't comply and will get tased if you refuse to leave the establishment after being given the opportunity to comply or leave. Legally, this isn't any different. 

There were kids cheerleading 20 feet in front of her with no masks on. 

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

There were kids cheerleading 20 feet in front of her with no masks on. 

It's literally legal for them to do that per OHSAA, as witnessed every Friday and Saturday night. It's literally the same as me, wearing a mask on the sideline, while my players coming off of the field coming into contact with me without masks, or the cheerleaders actively cheering.

You can hate the policies and inconsistencies all you want, but those are the rules.

Here's some reading material for those of you not familiar with what "return to play" means, along with "rules" (note the words "mandate and/or order" and their interchangeable meaning)

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/OHOOD/2020/08/19/file_attachments/1521949/Sports Order 08.19.20.pdf

Please note numbers 4, 5, and 6 pertaining to athletes, spectators, and coaches SPECIFICALLY NUMBERS FIVE AND SIX, and number 7 for REQUIRED FACIAL COVERINGS.

You guys have done it, you've finally done it.

tenor.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Here's some reading material for those of you not familiar with what "return to play" means, along with "rules" (note the words "mandate and/or order" and their interchangeable meaning)

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/OHOOD/2020/08/19/file_attachments/1521949/Sports Order 08.19.20.pdf

Please note numbers 4, 5, and 6 pertaining to athletes, spectators, and coaches SPECIFICALLY NUMBERS FIVE AND SIX, and number 7 for REQUIRED FACIAL COVERINGS.

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

tenor.gif

@Webmaster, is the forum data backed up on the cloud? Cuz if so this might be my favorite post. 

• Like 2

@SwAg I even found a way to shrink it from 12 pages, in bullet points, to about 3-4, noting key words. I'm incredulous right now. I literally gave the official OHSAA document, which is a public record and PDF, pertaining to this exact case/situation. I mean...it's incredible.

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's literally legal for them to do that per OHSAA, as witnessed every Friday and Saturday night. It's literally the same as me, wearing a mask on the sideline, while my players coming off of the field coming into contact with me without masks, or the cheerleaders actively cheering.

You can hate the policies and inconsistencies all you want, but those are the rules.

That's the rule buts it's a really dumb rule. It's right up there with wearing a mask into a restaurant and taking it off when you are seated. She should have complied with the police officer though. She looked ridiculous throwing a fit.