Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

That's the rule buts it's a really dumb rule. It's right up there with wearing a mask into a restaurant and taking it off when you are seated.

Again, different conversation altogether.

5 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

She should have complied with the police officer though. She looked ridiculous throwing a fit.

Yep

• Like 1

The worst part of these masks are sitting in an MRI machine for 40-60 minutes. You're already packed into this claustrophobic machine. You already have the mask on your face. They put this plastic face shield on top of the mask. Then you spend that time in this tiny little tube having loud noises blasted into your ears. I've done it 5 times now and I get another one in November.

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

The worst part of these masks are sitting in an MRI machine for 40-60 minutes. You're already packed into this claustrophobic machine. You already have the mask on your face. They put this plastic face shield on top of the mask. Then you spend that time in this tiny little tube having loud noises blasted into your ears. I've done it 5 times now and I get another one in November.

See if they have an open MRI, or if another diagnostic place you can go to does. It would make things a little better. Still something close to your face, but it's not nearly as bad as the tube.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MrDrew said:

See if they have an open MRI, or if another diagnostic place you can go to does. It would make things a little better. Still something close to your face, but it's not nearly as bad as the tube.

I'm staying at an air bnb for 6 weeks so I can get my cancer treated at the Mayo Clinic. Can't beat how well they take care of me. Getting the radiation done here too. 

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Am i figuring that right that around 25% of the people with antibodies had a positive test based on that study?

how are you getting there? The study suggests 9% of people in the US even have antibodies and then goes on to say that the effectiveness of those antibodies is almost a complete unknown. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

how are you getting there? The study suggests 9% of people in the US even have antibodies and then goes on to say that the effectiveness of those antibodies is almost a complete unknown. 

They suspect that 9% of the adult population has been infected right?

328.2 million(us pop) X .09 =29,520,000. 

7,277,000 confirmed cases/ 29,520,000 suspected cases=24.7%

The study only looked at adults and not kids so that would probably change it. 

I don't know if I'm missing something from the study or if it even means anything but I thought it was interesting

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't know if I'm missing something from the study or if it even means anything but I thought it was interesting

Interesting indeed. The study does state the following:

This means for every case diagnosed by a nasal or saliva swab in the country, about nine more people have antibodies for the coronavirus, the study estimated.

It also jives with the idea that there are a lot of people who have/had covid-19 without presenting obvious symptoms. 

9 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

They used patients who are on dialysis to estimate this 9% number. But that isn't going to be a good representation of the total US population, because people getting dialysis a few times a week aren't going to be able to quarantine themselves as well as the rest of the population.