Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

Man feel like that's even worse. Good luck. Friends and family keep asking me how I'm feeling and I tell them that I've had almost all of the symptoms for my entire life so!

I will be okay. My mother was a medical anthropologist and did a great deal of work with infectious diseases.. I pay attention to any new virus with respiratory impact. 

So I’ve been social distancing since early February and we’ve been self isolated now for 15 days. I’m about to take a measured risk. My daughter is at home with 4 kids under 6. They’ve been self isolated for 15 days as well. Tomorrow we are moving them in here. Once that’s accomplished we’re good to weather the storm.

I had been having breathing issues that had me close to going to the hospital In early February. I was to see my respirologist March 11th however over the weekend of the 7th I improved and returned to normal so I let the appointment go to someone in distress.

Keep well and best of luck.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s really nice seeing the benefits and impacts of the internet and technology.

Couldn’t imagine how crazy things would be if this happened in the 90’s or early 2000’s.

Prior to the Internet journalists were not under such restrictions to get stories published. As a result there was far more accuracy in reporting and much less misinformation. Today far to much of the editorial process is conducted post publication. Also, anyone can put on a suite, set a backdrop and pretend to be legitimate.

I think back then there would of been far more calm.

Edited by diehardlionfan
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s really nice seeing the benefits and impacts of the internet and technology.

Couldn’t imagine how crazy things would be if this happened in the 90’s or early 2000’s.

Ehh... It's both good and bad.

Guarantee you the panic wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad as we're seeing without the internet and social media.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pwny said:

And we’ve hit 2k dead in the US. 

im so confused by this, because that would put the mortality rate of published cases under 2%. We all know there thousands and thousands of people who have it and have no idea that dont count into those #s, but @BayRaider told us the mortality rate would be 6-7%.

9 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

im so confused by this, because that would put the mortality rate of published cases under 2%. We all know there thousands and thousands of people who have it and have no idea that dont count into those #s, but @BayRaider told us the mortality rate would be 6-7%.

Man you’re an idiot. The Active Cases in the U.S. are 99,000. Meaning STILL PENDING OUTCOME. The Closed Cases are 4,300. Of those 4,300: 1,700 died and 2,500 recovered. That puts 16,000-30,000 or so of those 99,000 to die in the next 14-21 days (the time frame people usually die after getting it). 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Stop spreading misinformation. 

Edited by BayRaider

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Man you’re an idiot. The Active Cases in the U.S. are 99,000. Meaning STILL PENDING OUTCOME. The Closed Cases are 4,300. Of those 4,300: 1,700 died and 2,500 recovered. That puts 16,000-30,000 or so of those 99,000 to die in the next 14-21 days (the time frame people usually die after getting it). 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Stop spreading misinformation. 

Insults are against the rules here. You already got this thread locked at least because of your insistence of talking about politics. Your post doesnt address the many, many people who have it and aremt included in those #s, and even with that your #s are based on  severely small sample size. Heres what absolute fact, as of today the death rate is under 2% in the us. I personally wont be rooting for deaths, regardless your prediction as silly as it was is very far off thankfully. We should be happy about that.

Edited by GSUeagles14
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

this isnt really the right way to measure it because some of the active cases have the potential to turn serious and turn into fatalities 

But its not 6-7% obvi