Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

15 hours ago, SwAg said:

Maybe if you have normal representatives.  My representative referred me to a Bible passage when I called about the lack of federal COVID response.

This is true, mine asked me why I was overreacting when I asked a question about actual rights being infringed upon in NJ and not those make believe ones and then proceeded to tell me he was not the right person to be speaking with regarding the matter. 😎 

16 hours ago, SwAg said:

Maybe if you have normal representatives.  My representative referred me to a Bible passage when I called about the lack of federal COVID response.

I think your representative knows you're the devil ...and was simply trying to do an Exorcism over the phone.

Did you vomit split pea soup immediately afterwards? 

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I work in pharma (specifically PK).

...and what is PK,  Dr. 99 ?

PharmacoKinetics is what your body does to a drug once ingested ( think metabolism)
PharmacoDynamics is what a drug does to your body to make a change, kill an invader, reduce blood pressure etc

If you can make it through the 1st  5 minutes, this video shows how/why a pill, an injection and an inhaled drug all behave differently because of the route of administration. For COVID, some of the repurposed drugs didn't work because they couldn't get enough into the lungs without being toxic to your body. If they could have made an inhaled version, that might have solved the problem -  but that's no small task and takes a lot of development time.

Note: There will not be a test

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:
6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I work in pharma (specifically PK).

...and what is PK,  Dr. 99 ?

PharmacoKinetics is what your body does to a drug once ingested ( think metabolism)
PharmacoDynamics is what a drug does to your body to make a change, kill an invader, reduce blood pressure etc

Witchcraft... Darksided, DARKSIDED STUFF!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=5458612

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Yeah, I'm really thinking this thing will be in our rearview mirror, for the most part, by the end of summer. Just sucks we're going through what we are right now. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Yeah, I'm really thinking this thing will be in our rearview mirror, for the most part, by the end of summer. Just sucks we're going through what we are right now. 

Yeah... I'd be prepared for things to get a lot worse before they get better. It's great to have an end in sight, but we are going to start seeing 2.5K-3K deaths/day very soon if the spikes in July/August are in any way predictive. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm guessing Deuteronomy 28 27

lol

It was actually about the plague, and the basis for that was claiming God would not have given an airborne illness because he only did that once before.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think your representative knows you're the devil ...and was simply trying to do an Exorcism over the phone.

Did you vomit split pea soup immediately afterwards? 

Hellfire poured from my ears, eyes, nose, and mouth as I unleashed a demonic shriek.

Tbh, the whole conversation spiraled, and I had nothing to do in quarantine  When they used the Bible, I knew it was going to be unproductive, so I wanted to make them hate me.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SwAg said:

lol

It was actually about the plague, and the basis for that was claiming God would not have given an airborne illness because he only did that once before.

Hellfire poured from my ears, eyes, nose, and mouth as I unleashed a demonic shriek.

Tbh, the whole conversation spiraled, and I had nothing to do in quarantine  When they used the Bible, I knew it was going to be unproductive, so I wanted to make them hate me.

You’re evil for being a woman

3 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Im still hopeful we'll be back to a strong sense of normal by Late spring/early summer. A lot of that depends on how many people get vaccinated, though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Yeah... I'd be prepared for things to get a lot worse before they get better. It's great to have an end in sight, but we are going to start seeing 2.5K-3K deaths/day very soon if the spikes in July/August are in any way predictive. 

2000 deaths a day is coming quicker than I expected. Looks like we're on track to hit 2000 deaths today. I thought that was a couple of weeks away. This is going to be an awful winter. 

Edited by WizeGuy

Some projections as well as good/bad news for this upcoming winter. This part stood out to me:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/11/18/935930352/as-u-s-reaches-250-000-deaths-from-covid-19-a-long-winter-is-coming

So where are we in the trajectory of the coronavirus?

According to the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation's latest model, by March 1, the U.S. may see nearly 439,000 total deaths from COVID-19. But Mokdad and his colleagues have calculated two alternative scenarios, depending on the path the country takes. If governmental mandates to limit the spread are eased, the model predicts more deaths: perhaps 587,000 by March 1.

But if everyone in the U.S. would wear masks every time they are in public, the number of anticipated casualties by that date drops to about 371,000.

Welp, My wife's hospital is now renting two refrigerated trucks indefinitely. She said it feels like April all over again, but this time there's no help on the way. All of the system nurses are needed for covid at their own hospitals. Agency nurses are impossible to come by and insanely expensive. Everyone is working hospital mandated overtime. 

She told me a story yesterday about a mother and son in adjacent rooms, and the son passed before the mother could say goodbye because of the timing of complications for both of them. It's still pretty scary how unpredictable the illness is case by case in real time.

I'm pretty bummed this week - everything sucks...

26 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Welp, My wife's hospital is now renting two refrigerated trucks indefinitely. She said it feels like April all over again, but this time there's no help on the way. All of the system nurses are needed for covid at their own hospitals. Agency nurses are impossible to come by and insanely expensive. Everyone is working hospital mandated overtime. 

She told me a story yesterday about a mother and son in adjacent rooms, and the son passed before the mother could say goodbye because of the timing of complications for both of them. It's still pretty scary how unpredictable the illness is case by case in real time.

I'm pretty bummed this week - everything sucks...

If you don't mind me asking- where do you live? You guys were hit pretty hard already and are seeing a second surge? 

• Like 1