Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

MN  is restricting gatherings between households, now through 12/18. 

Walz said the restrictions will go into effect starting Friday, and will last until December 18. He ordered residents not to hold gatherings with people from other households, and said indoor dining will also be halted. Walz encouraged people to continue ordering takeout and delivery from local restaurants to support them while the measures are in place. 

Indoor fitness centers will also be closed, and any organized adult and youth sports are suspended. Bowling alleys, theaters and bingo halls will also be closed. Receptions, private parties and other celebrations are also prohibited, and even outdoor events and gatherings with large numbers of people are being put on hold.

52 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Welp, My wife's hospital is now renting two refrigerated trucks indefinitely. She said it feels like April all over again, but this time there's no help on the way. All of the system nurses are needed for covid at their own hospitals. Agency nurses are impossible to come by and insanely expensive. Everyone is working hospital mandated overtime. 

She told me a story yesterday about a mother and son in adjacent rooms, and the son passed before the mother could say goodbye because of the timing of complications for both of them. It's still pretty scary how unpredictable the illness is case by case in real time.

I'm pretty bummed this week - everything sucks...

So sorry to hear this, but I'm glad you shared it.  Hang in there and best wishes to both of you

We lost a family member in WI on Monday. She experienced what you've shared - overwhelmed hospital, shortages of meds, lack of rooms/beds.
And now the husband who lost his wife can't find a funeral home to handle her burial - so her body is in a refrigerated truck.
Just brutal for everybody involved

Its time to re-double our efforts folks

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

So sorry to hear this, but I'm glad you shared it.  Hang in there and best wishes to both of you

We lost a family member in WI on Monday. She experienced what you've shared - overwhelmed hospital, shortages of meds, lack of rooms/beds.
And now the husband who lost his wife can't find a funeral home to handle her burial - so her body is in a refrigerated truck.

Texas, Florida, North Dakota, etc...aren't going to do any more than they are now unless bodies are stacking up outside their window. 

So sad to read about your family member. These vaccines cant get here soon enough because a lot of governors are fine with half *** measures.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

Anyone want to take bets on when the US is back to a relatively normal society? (Bars open with no limited capacity, etc... Mass gatherings such as sporting events may take a bit longer, so we'll just keep it to a majority of things not having a capacity limit)

I'm going with early June!

12 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Anyone want to take bets on when the US is back to a relatively normal society? (Bars open with no limited capacity, etc... Mass gatherings such as sporting events may take a bit longer, so we'll just keep it to a majority of things not having a capacity limit)

January 21

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

June 2022?

4 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Thanks, and I'm sorry to hear about your family member, too. There are no immediate positives at the moment, and it sorta feels hopeless again.

4 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

i'm gonna say autumn of next year. august-ish. at least, i hope so

• Like 1