Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Have you guys heard Robert F. Kennedy Jr. speak on the subject of vaccines?  I haven't heard what he has to say about this newest coronavirus vaccine that is just coming out, but he has been very vocal against a lot of them.

All of his views on food allergies, autism, vaccines, fluoride, etc. are utter nonsense. He is the last person you should listen to on any matter relating to human health.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Have you guys heard Robert F. Kennedy Jr. speak on the subject of vaccines?  

As a father of a child with Autism, I find people like Robert F. Kennedy full of ****, and his "take" on it is both ignorant and based in science that was/is disproven pretty much immediately.

I look down on people like that, and I have zero hesitation on calling people like him a complete idiot.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Thank you and @ET80

I think what’s got me stressed is the amount of people I could have possibly spread it to.

I feel 95% fine. The 5% is just because it’s freaking freezing in Ohio this time of year.

I understand that - you immediately start going backwards and think about who, where, etc. It's nerve wracking, I would imagine.

I just hope my situation can serve as an example.

I’ve done literally everything possible within accordance to what the CDC has suggested. I’ve been working from home since November. I did all of my Christmas shopping in October. Hell, yesterday was my first time getting a haircut in months and I only did that for fear due to shutdowns.

Now, I do live in a big city getting hammered (Columbus), but that’s the only thing that should have increased my chances.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Have you guys heard Robert F. Kennedy Jr. speak on the subject of vaccines?  I haven't heard what he has to say about this newest coronavirus vaccine that is just coming out, but he has been very vocal against a lot of them.

"nothing else matters unless you intend to research literally every fringe opinion you come across now going forward before sharing it/mentally committing to it"

glad to see you've taken this sage advice to heart and are seeking counsel from the wise FF crew :)

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Very sensitive.

But yes, they are not following science if they choose not to get the vaccine when it's recommended they do based on their "spot in line". 

There is a lot wrong with hesitating beyond the recommended scheduling. It unnecessarily puts society at further risk than our best science indicates for perceived personal gain.

I have a huge issue with a scientist that would recommend "others" take a vaccine while eschewing it themselves. That's perhaps the most f'd up thing I've read in this thread, if true. I certainly hope that's not the case with your family members.

Hopefully others that need it more will take their place in line for the vaccine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Anyone who tells you that vaccines lead to autism should not be taken seriously. In fact, they need to go to jail for spreading that nonsense.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

All of his views on food allergies, autism, vaccines, fluoride, etc. are utter nonsense. He is the last person you should listen to on any matter relating to human health.

Good to know.  I haven't heard him except on one video a while back on vaccines.  He's a Kennedy, so I figured he would at least be well educated.  He seemed sincere, but I guess you never know. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Anyone who tells you that vaccines lead to autism should not be taken seriously. In fact, they need to go to jail for spreading that nonsense.

You deserve 10 footballs for this.

I like to think of myself as a relatively laid back sort of person, but this particular conversation gets me so riled up. You're absolutely right in saying it's criminal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You deserve 10 footballs for this.

I like to think of myself as a relatively laid back sort of person, but this particular conversation gets me so riled up. You're absolutely right in saying it's criminal.

You a big fan of this parenthood scene?

31 Times Parenthood's Adam Braverman Was Just the Best | TV Guide

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

As a father of a child with Autism, I find people like Robert F. Kennedy full of ****, and his "take" on it is both ignorant and based in science that was/is disproven pretty much immediately.

I look down on people like that, and I have zero hesitation on calling people like him a complete idiot.

You would think a Kennedy would have access to reliable science.  I wonder what his problem is?