Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

I haven’t kept up with the vaccine news as much as i should have, outside of @Shanedorf’s mic drop of a post, but are the vaccines out now the two-step ones?  If so, how long until you have to go back for your second shot?

I believe I’m in tier 1b, so I’m sure my time will be coming up soon enough.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I didn't realize J&J was looking at February. That's excellent news. With the amount of vaccines available from Pfizer and Moderna, we can vaccinate 12% of the population by year's end according to someone on Reddit. That's great! Factor in more doses coming in and more getting approved and we will certainly be good by summer and probably sooner. Very happy about this. 

Edit: Found a few friends on FB who have posted them getting the vaccine and it makes me happy to see it in rural Ohio. 

From what I've heard through zoom meetings is- we're expecting to vaccinate 20 million people this month. This was a few weeks ago, though, so I'm not sure how much things have changed. After that- Pfizer and Moderna can each distribute 30-35m vaccines for a total of 60-70 million vaccines a month. The issue is- will the Federal Gov't be able to organize distribution so the vaccines arrive efficiently, which has already been an issue. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I haven’t kept up with the vaccine news as much as i should have, outside of @Shanedorf’s mic drop of a post, but are the vaccines out now the two-step ones?  If so, how long until you have to go back for your second shot?

I believe I’m in tier 1b, so I’m sure my time will be coming up soon enough.

Yup, it's a two dose vaccine. You'll need the 2nd dose in three weeks. I scheduled my appt for today, then the site automatically directs you to the date three weeks in advance and allows you to choose a time (Jan 8th for me).

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 1:28 PM, minutemancl said:

It is scarier right now than it ever was in the past few months. Work has more and more people coming down with it, and some with comorbidities have died. Really, really upsetting.

We also think my wife has it. She works with COVID positive patients, so I always thought it was just a matter of time, even though she took every precaution possible. She got tested today, so we'll get results on Friday. If she has it, I don't think it is possible that I don't, but I am completely asymptomatic. She has difficulty breathing, had a low fever for about a day, has a complete lack of appetite, and general tiredness. She's been sleeping for like 12 -15 hours a night and gets tired from moving around super easily. She still has her sense of taste and smell though, but those symptoms line up with what some of you guys have endured, right?

Meanwhile, I have 0 symptoms. I feel perfectly fine. Still, in the chance I don't have it, she is self-quarantining while she recovers at home and I work from home. Wearing a mask in your own house and having to sleep in the guest room isn't great.

Well, my wife is confirmed COVID positive. Again, not surprising, as she worked with COVID positive patients for months. She is feeling better right now, funnily enough. Her lungs are bad and she has a pretty nasty cough, but that's it. I wonder if her asthma has anything to do with her getting symptoms and me (if I have it) not getting any.

Timing is really crappy, but I'm hoping we can both get cleared before Christmas. Still wearing masks and social distancing until I can get a test and confirm whether or not I have it.

I have officially been vaccinated. I didn't have any side effects. From what I've gathered the side effects have been starting on the second day, so Sunday may be rough. It'll just mean my immune system is working well.

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 5

I comprehend the impact of coronavirus on the world but Michigan just pushed its indoor dining shutdown to January 15, after it was initially November 15-dec 9, and then dec 9-20. God it sucks being out of work. 

18 hours ago, Xenos said:

Meanwhile, we have local idiots like this selling a book on how it’s normal that ICU capacity is running this high and how masks don’t actually work:

https://www.kusi.com/alex-berenson-explains-why-lockdowns-and-masks-dont-control-spread-of-coronavirus/

In a just society, Berenson would be jailed for literally getting people killed. He's verified on twitter, has a quarter of a million followers, and has been at this game for the entire pandemic. It is sick and dangerous.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

I comprehend the impact of coronavirus on the world but Michigan just pushed its indoor dining shutdown to January 15, after it was initially November 15-dec 9, and then dec 9-20. God it sucks being out of work. 

Sorry man. Ideally the federal government stops worrying about deficit spending during a pandemic, and provides the stimulus that everyone who is hurting needs. Whether it’s small business loans that actually go to small businesses, or other state/local aid. This way people like you can be paid to stay safe during this whole ordeal especially with vaccination on the horizon. And that there is a job still available when this thing is over.

55 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Sorry man. Ideally the federal government stops worrying about deficit spending during a pandemic, and provides the stimulus that everyone who is hurting needs. Whether it’s small business loans that actually go to small businesses, or other state/local aid. This way people like you can be paid to stay safe during this whole ordeal especially with vaccination on the horizon. And that there is a job still available when this thing is over.

They've been trying but the children... ****, I mean "politicians", can't come to an agreement b/c those fools keep throwing in other **** that isn't necessary.

Give people/industries that are struggling money, period. Those dip****s can't comprehend that simple logic w/o pushing their own agenda.

• Like 3