2020 NFL Draft

BZski

11 hours ago, detroitroar said:

I dont understand how someone can be against a trade like that and be aware of the holes we have at the same time?

This may be the perfect draft to capitalize on something like that on.

Because we need impact players more than filling in holes.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Millenhater said:

Ok now we’re talking.

7 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

That makes a lot more sense to me now. Now I have to wonder, do the Lions make the trade later on today or do they wait until the Redskins pick Chase Young and then make the move. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

That makes a lot more sense to me now. Now I have to wonder, do the Lions make the trade later on today or do they wait until the Redskins pick Chase Young and then make the move. 

I think they'll have it agreed to before the draft. Quinn sort of alluded to doing it this way, saying that they don't want to wait until they're on the clock to trade #3. (Unless I misinterpreted this.)

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I think they'll have it agreed to before the draft. Quinn sort of alluded to doing it this way, saying that they don't want to wait until they're on the clock to trade #3. (Unless I misinterpreted this.)

That is how I understood it as well. I believe his rationale was related to the virtual nature of this draft and wanting to ensure their focus was on their pick.

• Like 2

I had a bad dream last night.  I dremt we traded back before the draft and then Chase Young was available at 3.  However to make it worse, Chase Young was still available when we draft at 7 and we took an OG instead.  In my dream I threw my phone at the TV, said "F you Quinn, I am done with the Lions" and then woke up.  I am hoping it doesnt go that way today. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I had a bad dream last night.  I dremt we traded back before the draft and then Chase Young was available at 3.  However to make it worse, Chase Young was still available when we draft at 7 and we took an OG instead.  In my dream I threw my phone at the TV, said "F you Quinn, I am done with the Lions" and then woke up.  I am hoping it doesnt go that way today. 

Lol

25 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I mean, imagine the IOL...

Really, I would be happy with Young, Okudah or Simmons at 3 or those three or Brown at 5. I would be open to others if we actually move back further. The only way the Lions could screw this up IMO is taking an OT or QB at 3 or 5. 

I think a deal is in place though. I think Burrows goes to Cincy at 1 and Young goes to Redskins at 2. Miami moves up for Tua. NY takes whomever (Okudah/Simmons/OT) at 4, Lions pick at 5 and Chargers get Herbert at 6. 

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

Really, I would be happy with Young, Okudah or Simmons at 3 or those three or Brown at 5. I would be open to others if we actually move back further. The only way the Lions could screw this up IMO is taking an OT or QB at 3 or 5. 

I think a deal is in place though. I think Burrows goes to Cincy at 1 and Young goes to Redskins at 2. Miami moves up for Tua. NY takes whomever (Okudah/Simmons/OT) at 4, Lions pick at 5 and Chargers get Herbert at 6. 

If Okudah goes #4, I actually love OT at #5.

• Like 2